Author Topic: Tiny food goals  (Read 12164 times)

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
Re: Re: Tiny food goals
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
Jamers, do you not like food, not like to cook, or not really know how to cook?

A little of everything.  I love indulging, but "actually good" foods don't excite me. I'm equally excited about a fancy salmon as a box of oreos.  But oreos are easier.

Back in HS I asked mom to reach me to cook.  She said "if you can read, you can cook" and passed me the box of Shake'n'Bake.  True story.

I don't dislike cooking, but I resent the time it takes.  When I make it an event it can be fun, but it seems like just one more thing that NEEDS a half hour priority every day.  Among all the "must" priorities, it slips.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Tiny food goals
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
How's it going jamers?

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »
GREAT, actually.  I'm in second place for the challenge. 

I've swapped veggies in for my morning snack; cutting them on weekends make it much easier.  Switched my morning cereal for fruit and 2% cottage cheese.  I've added veggies to sandwiches.  I went one week without touching anything sweet at work.  Added a multivitamin and fish oil, which may or may not be helpful, but this is all about experimenting

I've also had success looking for a lesser evil.  I miss my morning cereal, so sometime I sub a small bowl of cereal in for my chips and queso after dinner.  Moving in the right direction while still feeling a little splurge-y is a huge help.

I hope to try a soup recipe (probably the turkey chili) this weekend.  The leans and convenience food dinners are the most insurmountable challenge at this point.

The best part is this really is bringing about sustainable changes.  I'm coming in lower on the calorie scale without really trying (probably due to the veggies).

My energy level has been amazing lately.  And it wasn't even a problem to start with, it's just BETTER now..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:52:30 PM by Jamers »

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
 :melon:

That's awesome!

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
 :cheerleader:

Offline redkitty

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
That is awesome. I may "steal" this idea of challenging myself for x amount of time. I will see if I can get the people at work to join.  (not necessarily a weight loss challenge...but a health challenge.)

+-SUPPORT US