Author Topic: Menu thread  (Read 1304 times)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Menu thread
« on: March 01, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
Post restaurant menu pics here, if you like

I went with the fixed price offering tonight and did not regret it!

Offline Kumbaya

• The Runners
Re: Menu thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 06:32:50 PM »
That looks delicious!
I wish I had seen this in PR. We had some fantastic meals!

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 09:41:25 PM »
That looks delicious!
I wish I had seen this in PR. We had some fantastic meals!
It was insanely good. The burrata was the star of the show, but the dessert was off the charts, too.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Menu thread
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 05:39:54 PM »

I had the roasted mushroom salad, a half dozen oysters, wood grilled squid, and apple strudel. I wanted a cheese course but wasn't hungry enough to justify it. It was all delicious but the squid was the best thing.

This was Fore Street Restaurant in Portland ME, it was near my hotel so I just walked in.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 10:10:15 PM »
fore street is reliably good

Offline Kumbaya

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 06:19:31 PM »
I'd def have to try the cream of cauliflower soup.

Offline Kumbaya

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 06:20:16 PM »
And the roasted mushroom salad.

Online JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 02:06:57 PM »
fore street is reliably good
So good. We’re going in June and already have a reservation for 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DocBuzzkill

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 12:55:40 PM »
I had a momentous occasion yesterday evening: I ate fresh oysters after abstaining from them for over 2 years!  I met a friend who was passing through Boston to dine at Row 34 in the Seaport.  Forgot to take a photo of the menu though.  She got a warm buttered lobster roll, and I ordered a crab cake and oyster sliders w/ a glass of sauv. blanc.

I took a Lyft to and from the restaurant.  Forty-five minutes from Rozzie.  :skep:   As they say in Boston, you cahn't get theah from heah.

#notallprogressives

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Menu thread
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 05:13:53 PM »
Row 34 rocks!! And yay oysters!!

Here's where I'm going tonight. Which is also where Natalie works.

https://alicanterestaurant.com/menus

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 10:43:48 PM »
Very adorable bar staff here.

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 07:59:39 AM »
Very adorable!  :heartbeat:   The Alicanter menu looks great - nice selections.  What did you order?

#notallprogressives

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 08:37:17 AM »
We got the mushroom and eggplant appetizers, and a kale/brussels sprouts salad special, and I had the salmon entree which was cooked perfectly. Dessert was a lemoncello cake. Everything was delish!

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 10:41:51 AM »
Yum!  Nice selections.  That the salmon was cooked perfectly speaks well of the restaurant.

In the interest of the thread topic  :D , here are the Row 34 menus.  I ordered the Row 34s and Aunt Dottys from the raw bar; my friend declined since she isn't an oyster fan.  We also shared a buttermilk biscuit.  The thing was massive, and although tasty, kind of an appetite killer.  I took half the crab cake and a slider home, but they made for a decent lunch yesterday.

Row 34 recently opened a sister restaurant in Kendall Square next to the T station.  Just as well that I no longer work in the office because I'd spend a third of my paycheck having lunch or after work oysters and wine there!

#notallprogressives

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »
More oysters yesterday afternoon/evening at The Bluebird Bar in West Newton, MA.  They have dollar oysters from 3 to 5 pm.  I met a couple of friends there.  Great to see them and a nice place to hang out.  The Bluebird's management has a good pedigree (B-Side Lounge, East Coast Grill, The Automatic, Deep Ellum, and Blossom Bar).  Prices are a little bit lower than downtown Boston or Cambridge, and there's ample parking in the area.  A big plus!  Service was really good (we sat at the bar).

I had a half-dozen oysters (Dennisport MA) and a single lamb kofta kebab. We shared the tomato-burrata-pesto skillet (served w/ Iggy's toasted bread), fries, and we did a 3-way split of the fried ricotta ball dessert (one each).  Plenty of cocktails, too.  :) All very tasty.

#notallprogressives

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2023, 04:18:32 PM »
More oysters yesterday afternoon/evening at The Bluebird Bar in West Newton, MA.  They have dollar oysters from 3 to 5 pm.  I met a couple of friends there.  Great to see them and a nice place to hang out.  The Bluebird's management has a good pedigree (B-Side Lounge, East Coast Grill, The Automatic, Deep Ellum, and Blossom Bar).  Prices are a little bit lower than downtown Boston or Cambridge, and there's ample parking in the area.  A big plus!  Service was really good (we sat at the bar).

I had a half-dozen oysters (Dennisport MA) and a single lamb kofta kebab. We shared the tomato-burrata-pesto skillet (served w/ Iggy's toasted bread), fries, and we did a 3-way split of the fried ricotta ball dessert (one each).  Plenty of cocktails, too.  :) All very tasty.

Is this dollar oyster thing every day??? That's a great list of restaurants so I'm definitely interested in checking out the Bluebird now.

I mean, you had me at ample parking!

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 07:12:53 PM »
Is this dollar oyster thing every day??? That's a great list of restaurants so I'm definitely interested in checking out the Bluebird now.

I mean, you had me at ample parking!

$1 Oysters Daily 3pm - 5pm | Fri & Sat 10pm - 11pm

I parked in the Cherry Lot.  Turn onto Cherry Street from Washington, then left into the lot.  You can access the lot from Elm Street, too.  Parking is through the Passport app, and just runs until 6 pm.  Compared to parking in Boston and Cambridge, it is a bah-gain!

#notallprogressives

Offline DocBuzzkill

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2023, 09:27:27 AM »
Met up w/ my friends again last night at the Bluebird Bar in Newton.  We decided to try their  Monday night Blue Plate Special.  OMG.  Beef stroganoff over buttered noodles that included a salad and dessert.  Delicious and very reasonably priced (for Boston).  The dollar oysters were excellent South Bay Blondes. Such a steal! 

Bluebird posts their planned Monday Blue Plate Specials on their Sunday Instagram so we're going to check to see what's being served then meet up monthly.  At any rate, for my fellow Massholes who can get to Newton on a Monday afternoon after 3:00, I recommend it!  They also have a live jazz trio on Monday nights from 7 to 9.  Their regular menu is pretty good, too!

#notallprogressives

+-SUPPORT US