Author Topic: Homemade yogurt  (Read 8733 times)

Offline RioG

• The Runners
Re: Homemade yogurt
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 06:06:54 AM »
I didn't read that whole article but if it's the one I'm thinking of, whacko animal rights activists actually infiltrated the farm, got jobs, then perpetrated abuse so they could film it and release it. 

But my first yogurt batch in a while was a success!  I might even try to strain some to see if I like the thicker version of homemade 

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2021, 11:44:11 AM »
after posting about my perfected technique, today's yogurt is too sour and too thin

:d

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2021, 01:07:12 PM »
I didn't read that whole article but if it's the one I'm thinking of, whacko animal rights activists actually infiltrated the farm, got jobs, then perpetrated abuse so they could film it and release it. 

But my first yogurt batch in a while was a success!  I might even try to strain some to see if I like the thicker version of homemade

Hmm, as I understand it, the animal rights activists went undercover at the farm, pretending to be there for work but actually there to do video surveillance of the operation.  So yeah, they were there under false pretenses.  However I think the animal abuse they captured on video was real, perpetrated not by activists but by regular employees of the farm.  Grisly stuff that needed to be exposed.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2021, 06:17:03 PM »
Hmm, as I understand it, the animal rights activists went undercover at the farm, pretending to be there for work but actually there to do video surveillance of the operation.  So yeah, they were there under false pretenses.  However I think the animal abuse they captured on video was real, perpetrated not by activists but by regular employees of the farm.  Grisly stuff that needed to be exposed.
Could be.  I only saw right after it was released and the allegations of it being staged.

I have no love for factory farms OR most animal rights activists. 

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2021, 06:20:59 PM »
Could be.  I only saw right after it was released and the allegations of it being staged.

I have no love for factory farms OR most animal rights activists.

Same.  There's not much to choose between megalomaniacs and wackadoodles. 

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2021, 06:26:53 PM »
Same.  There's not much to choose between megalomaniacs and wackadoodles.
Not too long ago here an activist died after getting hit by a livestock truck.  They were protesting at the stockyards or a killing plant or something.  It's been ongoing so there were signs warning them to stay out of blind spots and so on.  Well, she stood in a blind spot and died.  Imagine being that truck driver trying to earn a living and you killed someone that day.  Whoever organized that protest should have been charged (and maybe they were)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2021, 12:22:48 PM »
I tried yogurt again after my last fail. Put one jar inside my insulated thermos and one jar in the oven with the light on.  Both set up nicely. The UF milk is so easy: heat to 115. Add starter. Poor into a jar. Overnight in oven with light on.

+-SUPPORT US