Forum > Food

Who knew making hot pepper sauce was so easy?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Run Amok:
This is a great buy nothing request. :)

Looks yummy, jan!

caribougrrl:
the pineapple makes perfect sense with habanero, IMO

as an aside, if you've got a habanero or two to spare, lemon-habanero margaritas are really delicious

Rejaneration:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on September 19, 2019, 12:54:19 PM ---the pineapple makes perfect sense with habanero, IMO

as an aside, if you've got a habanero or two to spare, lemon-habanero margaritas are really delicious

--- End quote ---

recipe?  I did google and find a ton of Mango Habanero Margaritas.
Thanks

Run Amok:
Oooh. That sounds good! A local mexican place does an tequila infused with chipotles & pineapple. It's great in a margarita but also yummy with a splash of soda when I'm cutting back on the sugar.

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: Rejaneration on September 22, 2019, 07:35:19 AM ---recipe?  I did google and find a ton of Mango Habanero Margaritas.
Thanks

--- End quote ---

start by muddling as much habanero as you want in the bottom of a shaker (if I'm making two margaritas, I would muddle half a small habanero, with some but not all of the seeds... I like to have the heat, but still be able to taste the drink)... then it's just like a classic magarita substituting lemon juice for the lime (1 part lemon juice (scant), 1 part orange liqueur, 2 parts tequila, shake with ice and strain)

I often zest lemon and/or orange rind in the salt before rimming the glasses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version