Author Topic: I have become known for my waffles  (Read 13666 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: I have become known for my waffles
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 06:22:52 AM »
Bam!

I love this idea, by the way. I wish I were surrounded by people who brought me food, and I could bring them food. I need to live on a commune.
A lot of our friends live in two different "Planned residential communities" and it is such an amazing community of people. We spend a lot of time there :D
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 07:08:35 AM »
I'm going to have to experiment and come up with a whole wheat malted waffle recipe.  I'm a sucker for that damn hotel waffle maker!
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
Thank you, Run Amok!!

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »
I love waffles!
Don't eat em much, actually I prefer just fresh berries and sliced bananas on mine. Maple Syrup...you can just keep pouring and pouring and it just soaks up more and more.....meh

I've made frozen hashed browns in mine, I add some chopped onion to Alexa hash browns.
Lots of other things you can make in there.
http://greatist.com/eat/waffle-maker-recipes
https://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinmorton/17-unexpected-foods-you-can-cook-in-a-waffle-iron-a3z1?utm_term=.kjljKlJRjz#.hfJ7Byn179
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 04:58:05 PM »
I love waffles!
Don't eat em much, actually I prefer just fresh berries and sliced bananas on mine. Maple Syrup...you can just keep pouring and pouring and it just soaks up more and more.....meh

I've made frozen hashed browns in mine, I add some chopped onion to Alexa hash browns.
Lots of other things you can make in there.
http://greatist.com/eat/waffle-maker-recipes
https://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinmorton/17-unexpected-foods-you-can-cook-in-a-waffle-iron-a3z1?utm_term=.kjljKlJRjz#.hfJ7Byn179

I really need to try the hash browns.

When Adam became old enough for honey/syrup, we would only put honey on his waffles and pancakes. Now thats all that he and sophia will eat. They like syrup but it's kind of like a treat to them. I'm glad they love honey but it wouldn't bother me if they wanted maple syrup. I love waffles slathered with butter and aunt jemima syrup, but I only eat them like that when i'm not with my kids. :D
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »
Ooh, the cinnamon sugar trick sounds good. I have a Belgian waffle iron, but I haven't used it since we got married because kenyan has a Red Sox waffle iron with removable plates. I miss the nooks and crannies, but this is infinitely easier to clean so that's the one I always reach for.

Offline monster2

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 10:24:16 PM »
Ha, I love fake syrup and lots of butter, my family is horrified that I prefer the fake stuff to real syrup.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 09:05:10 AM »
Shocking that no one wanted to spend 300$ to print pancakes!

Offline ihop

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
Ha, I love fake syrup and lots of butter, my family is horrified that I prefer the fake stuff to real syrup.

DH loves the fake stuff too!
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 10:35:09 AM »
Shocking that no one wanted to spend 300$ to print pancakes!
It is on sale for $199!!!!!!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
It is on sale for $199!!!!!!

I know! Cause they couldn't sell enough of them for $300!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
I know! Cause they couldn't sell enough of them for $300!
:roll:

Seriously, if I had a bigger kitchen and $200 extra dollars, I would totally buy this! MG should buy it and make crazy pancakes to go with her sugary waffles :D

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »
I like peanut butter on waffles. Trader Joes has good whole wheat frozen waffles in the red box. If I have them I basically eat them like toast with pb. Or on the side with some scrambled eggs and real syrup and butter.

siamesedream

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »
I like raspberry jam on waffles, or waffles drowned in maple syrup and butter.

Offline monster2

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:23 PM »
I tried the overnight waffles, disaster city. Partially my fault bc I didn't use unsalted butter, but even though I anticipated thin batter it barely made a one sided waffle in the Belgian waffle maker. I was sad, and I had doubled it for company, oh well on to the morning of waffle recipe!

Offline redkitty

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 02:51:48 PM »
I was totally going to try teh overnight waffle mix at some pt. Then I forgot about it...kind of glad I did bcz I only have a belgium waffle maker.

I prefer fake maple syrup and my girls prefer chocolate syrup (if any at all, sometimes they just dip it in apple sauce.) I tried the sugar/cinnamon trick...can't say I was overwhelmed by it. It was ok, but not great. Maybe I didn't use enough sugar/cinnamon.

+-SUPPORT US