Forum > Running

Bad running week

(1/1)

samuel.ruiz.79677:
To start off I'm someone who highly disliked running ever since elementary school during Physical Education. Maybe about a year or so ago I bought myself a treadmill to get into the habit of running with a goal of running a 5k at a steady pace. After accomplishing that goal, I went to my local park and discovered I was not able to run .25 miles without feeling like I was going to pass out (P.E. class all over again). Discouraged, but motivated to run 5k I started training from scratch; every training week passed by and I was able to do the miles recommended without any problems with an average pace of 10:20/mile. Fast forward to this week, the last week, Monday I ran 2.74 miles at a pace of 10:57!!!! And this was me REALLY pushing myself to not give up. Then today, I was determined to run 3.1 miles at a decent pace but after 1.5 miles in 15 minutes I threw in the towel and I'm highly upset with myself because I've been able to do 2.65 miles at a 10:20/mile pace and feeling like it was a walk in the park. I'm truly sorry for going on and on but I'm confused and angry that I've made so much progress and it almost feels like my endurance is going to go back to squat. Any suggestions will be really helpful and appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

kevin871:
Don't be discouraged--it is normal to go through a slump now and then for no apparent reason. My advice would be to keep training through it and make sure that you are getting adequate nutrition and sleep. If you aren't feeling well during your run, there is nothing wrong with slowing the pace down or alternating running and walking.

samuel.ruiz.79677:
Thank you for your input, I head out again tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to complete the run without any issues.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version