Author Topic: #dadbod, WTF?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • "That's a bad hat, Harry"
#dadbod, WTF?
« on: May 12, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/05/11/i-have-a-dad-bod-heres-why-women-love-it/

Video rebuttal, via Broscience [NSFW language]

Why The Dad Bod Is Worse Than Ebola

And ... A scientific conclusion

http://defamer.gawker.com/dadbod-vs-rippedbod-the-shocking-chris-pratt-results-1703932469

The people have spoken, and they want muscles. In the great American debate over which version of Chris Pratt—dadbod or rippedbod—is hotter, the winner is clear: of the just over 20,000 votes, 61 percent went to rippedbod, making dadbod something like the Walter Mondale of body types

You're welcome

~ Aloha ~
Randy
"I thought it over and have decided to say: Your comment is quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on Slowtwitch, which is kind of like saying, 'this might just be the worst 3-bean salad I’ve ever had at Sizzler.'"

“Don’t take your ability to do stupid things for granted”

siamesedream

Re: #dadbod, WTF?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
The guy in the first video should be shot for his accent alone.

How gauche.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:27 AM »
seconds of my life I will never get back
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:02:41 AM »
How gauche.

Not bad

How gauche it witch yoo?
"I thought it over and have decided to say: Your comment is quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on Slowtwitch, which is kind of like saying, 'this might just be the worst 3-bean salad I’ve ever had at Sizzler.'"

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:33 AM »
http://vitals.lifehacker.com/what-causes-the-dadbod-and-how-to-reverse-it-1704598337

Ah, the “dadbod.” A recently-coined term, it describes the body of a man whose belly suggests that he’s had a few thousand beers during NFL Sunday. Now, he’s not “fat” by any means. In fact, his broad shoulders suggests that he balances his pizza intake with bench presses and curls. So how does this body occur and how do you undo a “dadbod?”

Dadbods have the ultimate advantage. They are men with a good amount of muscle tone, which means that they have a higher metabolism. Out of any single persona, the dadbod is physiologically the easiest when it comes to weight loss. If you have a dadbod and feel like weight loss is difficult, try being a 5’3 180-lb woman then get back to me.

Really, all dadbods have to do is use determine the number of calories they need every day to lose weight—which will still be a lot—whilst simultaneously keeping their protein high. Of course individuals may encounter particular difficulties. Perhaps mindfulness is an issue, for example, but I am being terse here for a reason. You have it easier than anyone else when it comes to losing weight.

Fortunately; I do NOT have a Dadbod ... and with this simple guide, I can avoid getting one
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:25:58 AM by RandMart »

siamesedream

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
The only time I came close to having a dad bod was when I broke my ankle and gained about 30 pounds.

I've never really struggled with weight gain.  I consider this a blessing.

There was a point in my early 20s when I was DOWN to 150 pounds, I looked emaciated.

Plus...I'm not a dad...so there's that.

Offline #TheRealElvis

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 07:53:48 AM »
I've embraced the dadbod. I never want to be as skinny as I was 2 or 3 years ago, that involves way too much narcissistic focus on the self and at the end of the day is more about insecurity (for sure the same as the insecurity underlying weightlifting freaks) than some misplaced commitment to "fitness".

If you can bang out a half marathon on any given Sunday, like me, and sport a wee pot belly well, like me, then my friends you are living la dolce vita and are bound to turn heads (but to sport dadbod you should not care if you do).

siamesedream

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
Try a month without beer, lad.

That pot belly will disappear.

Offline HobbyJogger

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
For me the dadbod ship has already sailed.  :(

Do you think I should get ahead of the curve by staking out the grampabod meme before it arrives?  :old:
Radical Jogger