Author Topic: Mid-run conditioning?  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Yogi

• Passed on to another Brane
Mid-run conditioning?
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »
Not sure if I should post this here or in Running -

I'm entering "Play Time" which is that space of time between training cycles when I can just run for fun, every other day or two days on, one day off. 5-8 miles at a time, easy pace with some hill sprints if I feel like it. Just maintaining and taking the pressure off.

I'd like to try to do some mid-run or end-of-run conditioning but all I can think of are the boring, regular stuff like push-ups, squats, tricep dips. I would be doing this outside in the cold so laying on the ground is not preferable (but doable). There are some low walls/structures that I could use to do things like jumps from standing up to the bench and back down.

What are some of your favorite conditioning exercises that can be incorporated into my play time?

Offline Yogi

Re: Mid-run conditioning?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
I don't think I could do one chin up or one pull up!

Offline caribougrrl

Re: Mid-run conditioning?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:21 AM »
I don't think I could do one chin up or one pull up!

you can do an inverted row or an assisted pull-up if you go past a playground with a bar 3 or 4 ft high... or with rings/ trapeze bar on the swing set

other playground equipment is also useful... never mind a pull-up, you can do hanging leg lifts on the monkey bars, box jumps onto platforms (not the merry-go-round though!) or benches, swing lunges (forward foot on the ground, the other foot resting on the swing), tricep dips from bars or benches

+-SUPPORT US