Forum > Running

Race cancellations thread

<< < (18/19) > >>

Coyote Mas Loco:
Comrades Marathon (what is it, like 90 miles?) in South Africa.

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: Arrojo on May 14, 2020, 02:24:09 PM ---It took them long enough, but they just finally officially canceled the USATF outdoor nationals masters track and field championships in Greensboro NC this July.

--- End quote ---

That's too bad but expected. They sent out an email last month saying that they were going on a rolling 60 day decision date, so Greensboro's number just came up. The whole masters Grand Prix road race series this year is doubtful, although they are trying to be encouraging about it, and I heard a rumbling just yesterday that the entire circuit might be gone for good after this year. That'd be a real bummer.

Coyote Mas Loco:
May be so much wishful thinking but - next year maybe?
Perkele, I'm half Finnish. Sign me up! (well we'll see what happens over the winter/spring).

From USATF

BIG NEWS TODAY FROM WMA – WMA OUTDOOR IN FINLAND IN 2021
Earlier today WMA President Margit Jungmann announced major developments  as a result of the cancellation of the Toronto 2020 WMA (World Masters Athletics) Outdoor  Championships.  These developments had been in the works almost since  the day the Toronto cancellation was announced on March 25. Instead of  the indoor championships in Edmonton next year, WMA will hold its next  outdoor championships in Tampere, Finland next July – dates aren’t fix...

Fast Eddie:
Hmm, I thought they would give Toronto another shot at the WMA in 2021, like with the Tokyo Olympic postponement. 

Coyote Mas Loco:
I got mixed word on Toronto, saw something initially that they would not be hosting next year and then something else saying that they might.

All USATF regional championships for masters have been canceled. They had the mid-continent championship scheduled in Ft. Collins and it's a really small and low-key meet, and would be easy to socially distance some, and it's not even until the last weekend of August. But it's gone too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version