Forum > Running

Race cancellations thread

<< < (2/19) > >>

nadra's babydaddy:
CANCELLEDCANCELLED!!! But they're gonna do it Monday September 14th instead. 

Because it wouldn't be the same if we didn't fuck shit up on a Monday  :lambie:

Coyote Mas Loco:
London moved to October 3.

Fast Eddie:
No Spring marathons for me. Both Mt. Charleston and Delaware Running Festival next month have been cancelled. 

Coyote Mas Loco:
USATF masters 10K championships in Dedham (April 26) still on as far as I know but I expect it to be canceled or moved to a later date. It's only 6 days after Boston. I bought airline tickets last month but can defer. I'd be heading into it at build-up stage anyway, not quite ready for prime time racing. However, was looking forward to getting back onto the masters circuit after a 6 month hiatus.

Hoping Bolder Boulder on Memorial Day is still a go. And I'm also thinking of Mt Evans Ascent (10,000 to 14,000 feet), a week or two after that. And the big one for me has been the world masters events in Toronto this summer. That one may or may not go. Bringing in some 8,000 athletes (40s to 90s) from all over the world for 2 weeks seems sort of risky at this point. I'm holding out some hope but also not buying tickets or filling out an entry for that.

I'm not an epidemiologist but think this might have a dual peak. One this spring, then sort of fall off over the summer, and then pick up again next fall/winter. So we might be in for a life-disrupting haul here, affecting everything not just participation at races. 

diablita:
Oooh I'm dying to do the Bolder Boulder!!  Maybe it won't sell out quickly and I can wait and see...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version