Author Topic: Chia seeds wtf  (Read 8588 times)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: Chia seeds wtf
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »
God I hate the word pudding.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »
Dry cardboard?  I guess I'll keep trusting my gut where chia is concerned. 

Offline Dagstag v 2.0

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 08:20:50 PM »
Eh, chia is a vehicle for other stuff/flavors. Like quinoa, who the fuck eats unseasoned quinoa?

Sociopaths, that’s who.

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 07:40:42 AM »
Eh, chia is a vehicle for other stuff/flavors. Like quinoa, who the fuck eats unseasoned quinoa?

Sociopaths, that’s who.

good point... and if you really concentrate on the taste of quinoa itself, it's worse than dry cardboard...

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 08:40:55 AM »
yep!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
Honestly, I do not really "get" chia seeds as a necessary part of a diet. If you like them, great. But I think the most common way to eat them is as a pudding with a lot of added sweetener & fat so I'm not sure chia pudding is superior to other sorts of pudding or even something like overnight oats. To me, the texture & taste tends to be pretty similar to something like bircher meusli-- more like sweet, cold, poridge, than custard.  Also, they are pretty calorie dense and I just do not have a need for calorie dense foods, especially as a transport vehicle for additional sugar & fat, as I am generally a pretty "easy keeper". For me, increasing my fiber via more veggies & a limited amount of legumes & whole grains is better bang for my buck.

I think there is a chia lobby that got a lot of instagram influencers on board which is driving the whole chia thing, personally. But maybe I'm crazy.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
So I tried it! I did the coconut milk + chia seeds in a jar, with some honey and cinnamon as recommended. It's pretty decent, I don't mind the texture at all. And it has provided some digestive benefits.

How long does this stuff last in the fridge? I think I made too much, if I'm only doing a few spoonfuls at a time.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 08:58:58 AM »
Hmm maybe too many benefits...

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:54 AM »
Hmm maybe too many benefits...

:roll:  Like the time I ate a large bowl of shelled edamame and learned just how allergic I was to soy.  Should have scheduled a colonoscopy the day after.

+-SUPPORT US