Author Topic: Renaissance lasagne  (Read 3400 times)

Offline gebuh

• The Runners
  • don't worry, I'm a doctor
    • cycle touring
Renaissance lasagne
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
This stuff was amazing, I wish I'd posted it when I first made it, I had to change some things (replaced the pork with duck bacon and chicken sausage).  If I had to do it again I would not use handmade pasta - that was the hardest part of the recipe and I think more sauce, it was a little dry.
http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/renaissance-lasagne-hand-rolled-pasta .

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Renaissance lasagne
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
I like the looks of that!

the more pasta you make, the easier it gets

Offline sweetfeed

• Pubescent
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

I remembered this last weekend as we were heading into the deep freeze. This was ridiculously delicious--thanks so much for posting it here.

I subbed pork for the chicken hearts and gizzards, and accidentally thought it called for ground chuck rather than chuck roast. I agree it could have used a teeny bit more ragu. I did make the pasta, but didn't realize the recipe also called for it to be hand rolled. I was thinking I could put the dough through my hand-cranked pasta machine, but it much too sticky for that. I did manage to roll it out, though instead of nice strips I had a bunch of weirdly shaped shards. But once everything was layered it was fine. I'll no doubt make this again next winter.

Offline gebuh

• The Runners
  • don't worry, I'm a doctor
    • cycle touring
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »
I remembered this last weekend as we were heading into the deep freeze. This was ridiculously delicious--thanks so much for posting it here.

I subbed pork for the chicken hearts and gizzards, and accidentally thought it called for ground chuck rather than chuck roast. I agree it could have used a teeny bit more ragu. I did make the pasta, but didn't realize the recipe also called for it to be hand rolled. I was thinking I could put the dough through my hand-cranked pasta machine, but it much too sticky for that. I did manage to roll it out, though instead of nice strips I had a bunch of weirdly shaped shards. But once everything was layered it was fine. I'll no doubt make this again next winter.
did you find that it needed more raisins and pine nuts?  There didn't seem to be enough of them to spread them out evenly.

+-SUPPORT US