Forum > Food

The insect diet - healthy AND sustainable!

<< < (3/3)

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on May 13, 2013, 04:56:14 PM ---depends on the insect.  i've eaten ants and crickets and <shudder> grubs.  i don't know that i could eat a slug.

i'm sure you could ask some people if they've ever eaten an actual chicken-looking-like-a-chicken, and the answer would be 'no'...

--- End quote ---

I've eaten snails, so I imagine I could eat a slug.  Nonetheless, slugs aren't insects...

One of the labs I worked in during my undergrad used to keep a mealworm colony for feeding their turtles.  When the colony got to big, the grad students would have a harvest and snack on salted toasted mealworms.  They are surprisingly tasty.

mango:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on May 14, 2013, 10:07:54 AM ---salted toasted mealworms
--- End quote ---

bundaegi (aka steamed and seasoned silkworm pupae) is one of the popular street foods of my homeland.

they are also surprisingly tasty.

or so my childhood memories tell me.

BobM59:
I could definitely eat any of the crunchies, but would clearly struggle with the slimies.

witchypoo:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on May 14, 2013, 10:07:54 AM ---I've eaten snails, so I imagine I could eat a slug.  Nonetheless, slugs aren't insects...

--- End quote ---

i realize they're molluscs.

but they're yucky beings which ooze around outside and make me gag.  and are therefore grouped with BUGS in my brain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version