Author Topic: Beef Vegetable Soup  (Read 2511 times)

LilyLily

Beef Vegetable Soup
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
I made this soup yesterday and it's fabulous!  If you don't like meat, I'm certain it would be just as good eliminating it.

Veggies:   1 zucchini, 1 squash, 10 baby potatoes, 3 carrots and 1 (big)  container of Baby Bellas. 1 can dices tomatoes.
Stew Meat

Browned the stew meat in a little olive oil w/ some season salt.  Took the meat out and set it aside.
Added some more olive oil, 4 cloves minced garlic and a little butter into the pot the meat was just in. Dumped chopped mushrooms and fresh thyme in.  Added Worcesticeisldkjfs sauce (how DO you spell that anyway?).  Gave a good covering of freshly ground pepper and some salt.  Once the mushrooms had just about re-absorbed their juice, I added the meat back in and all of the veggies.  Then I used a couple containers of no sodium beef stock along w/ some water to cover.  Let that sucker simmer for several hours and stuck it in the fridge overnight.  We ate it for dinner and it was perfect. 

If you don't like meat, I would use more mushrooms, add a parsnip in and use vegetable stock and possibly some Pomi. 

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Beef Vegetable Soup
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 07:23:40 PM »
the veg version sounds delicious!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

+-SUPPORT US