Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

First DSLR

(1/4) > >>

badger:
I want to learn more, but don't want a huge investment as A) I don't have a ton of time to play around B) Life situations are such that I don't want a spendy camera around the house.

So I bought a Canon EOS rebel T3. Am I going to totally regret buying such a low end camera? I'm willing to move up to something better in a few years; for now I just want to see if I like (and have time) for such a hobby.

I did take photography in high school, so I have some of the fundamentals, but hope to take a class sometime as well. I have no aspirations to do more than take family pics and some occasional  landscape type shots.

Any input?

Yogi:
No - you are not going to regret the Canon Rebel at all. It's a great camera. I think a lot of people regret spending money on the top of the line model and then end up only using two feature or shooting on auto and wondering why they spent all that money before they figured out if they really wanted to make use of it!

Classes are extremely helpful - most basic intro courses will go through the whole menu and all the options you have which is awesome. I would also recommend really reading your manual - it will explain what all the buttons do and why you'd want to use them, as well as some of the photography basics like ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and what all those things mean.

For family portraits and other fun stuff I think that camera is great :)

badger:
Thanks for your input! I actually bought the 'for dummies' instruction manual for the specific camera because I heard the included manual wasn't that great.

It will be here Thursday and I can't wait to start playing with it!

LilyLily:
I got one for Christmas last year along with an intro course.  The course was a GREAT use of time and I'd highly recommend taking one.

Eco Ellen:
If you are dipping your toe in I think it is a great use of time and money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version