Forum > Food

Roasting a chicken

<< < (2/7) > >>

Chasing Amy:

--- Quote from: Magic Microbe on October 09, 2017, 01:30:34 PM ---Blood everywhere? I haven't noticed much mess when I do it. But I cover my roasting pan for most of the time so maybe that helps.

--- End quote ---

Not actual blood - "bloody" as in the British expletive. :)

radial:
Hmm, that's so different from my experience that I can't imagine why it's so messy for you.  I roast a chicken once a week or so and it's never all that messy.  There's a baking pan to wash after, and I have to run the self-cleaning feature on the oven once in a while, but that's about it.  Rip out the blobs of fat that hang out just inside the body cavity.  Use a pair of kitchen shears to cut out the backbone which is just inedible bone and more fat.  Put a lid on your baking dish if you are still getting a lot of splatter inside the oven. 

JBM:
I get a chicken from Whole Foods from the counter, so they remove the giblets for me and wrap it in paper. I find it way less messy and gross to deal with if it's in the plastic wrap. I haven't made one in a while and I make a good chicken. Now I'm hungry.

Chasing Amy:
I want the giblets because they are good for stock.

Radial, I'll try cutting out the "blobs of fat" before I put it in the oven and cover with aluminum foil (my roasting pan doesn't have a cover).

Magic Microbe:
I made one yesterday. I uncovered it 1/2 hour before it was finished and it splattered up my newly cleaned oven a bit, but not too badly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version