Forum > Food

"Hands free" chicken soup recipe?

(1/1)

diablita:
What I mean is that I'd like a recipe to make chicken soup that doesn't require it to be tasted and flavor adjusted, since I can't do that.  And I'd love for it to be majorly easy, like 'set it and forget it'.  Is that doable?  If so, recipe please?

I plan to make matzo balls for Yom Kippur Break Fast for a crowd and it would be nice to serve something other than boxed chicken broth with some carrots and onions simmered in.

monster2:
Never heard of such a thing, interested in seeing responses.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

witchypoo:
the only way i can think to do it is to prep 1 day ahead.

roast bone-in chicken parts and a whole bunch of veggies :  prep the chicken, add salt and pepper.  toss onions, carrots, beets, parsnips, celery, garlic with oil.  spread veggies and chix on a roasting sheet and cook.  add some beet greens, leeks, and cabbage halfway through roasting time. 

once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken. 

then scrape the whole business into a container and refrigerate overnight.  next day, dump it all into a stock pot with water, some white wine, and cover.  bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and make kneydl.

diablita:
thanks witchy.  I'll go with something easier for tomorrow and follow this for another day.  It sounds very good.

I have half a rotisserie chicken in my fridge.  I wonder if I could take off the meat and simmer the carcass tomorrow with some of the vegetables and maybe half boxed chicken broth and half water to get a good flavor?

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: diablita on September 29, 2017, 05:20:13 PM ---thanks witchy.  I'll go with something easier for tomorrow and follow this for another day.  It sounds very good.

I have half a rotisserie chicken in my fridge.  I wonder if I could take off the meat and simmer the carcass tomorrow with some of the vegetables and maybe half boxed chicken broth and half water to get a good flavor?

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't even bother with commercial chicken broth if you have a carcass to use.  Rotisserie chicken is well-seasoned which is half the battle done for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version