Author Topic: salmon in the instant pot?  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
salmon in the instant pot?
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
I know someone here uses their instant pot for salmon often. Ice Cream maybe? How long do you cook it for?

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: salmon in the instant pot?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:46:16 PM »
I keep reading this as a request for a salmon ice cream recipe, and thinking to myself that there are some things that even the IP shouldn't do...

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:41:22 PM »
Ha! I cooked it for 1 minute at pressure and it was just a little.under done first this crowd  (some people would have said it was perfect). It was just opaque after sitting for a few minutes. I'll do 2 mins next time.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:39:52 AM »
I tried it once and wasn't impressed, though that could totally be due to the size of the salmon pieces relative to the size of the glass dishes I have that fit inside the pot. I had to use two dishes for two pieces of salmon and it was a huge pain.  I usually stick to baking it, but searing on the stovetop is the preferred method if I want it done faster.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »
Why did you use glass? I just put it on the steamer rack.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
I know someone here uses their instant pot for salmon often. Ice Cream maybe? How long do you cook it for?

Yes, I did this for quite a while and then fell out of the habit.  It looks like I did 2 minutes on steam.  We really liked it.  Thanks for reminding me: am going to buy some over the wekend!

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
Ha! I cooked it for 1 minute at pressure and it was just a little.under done first this crowd  (some people would have said it was perfect). It was just opaque after sitting for a few minutes. I'll do 2 mins next time.

I am reading this after I posted!

+-SUPPORT US