Author Topic: Tom-free thread  (Read 19083 times)

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
Tom-free thread
« on: November 01, 2016, 06:11:08 PM »
Feel free to post any topic!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Tom-free thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:44:46 PM »
Can I take a cell phone photo of my paper ballot next week to memorialize voting for the first woman [hopefully!] president?
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »
Can I take a cell phone photo of my paper ballot next week to memorialize voting for the first woman [hopefully!] president?

Pennsylvania. Law prohibits someone from revealing their ballot "letting it be known how" they're "about to vote." But officials recently released guidance on electronic items in polling places that noted the recent court cases that "found a First Amendment right to take 'ballot selfies.'"

http://www.king5.com/news/politics/ballot-selfies-a-look-at-where-theyre-legal-or-not/345708142

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:51:45 PM »
Please reassure me that Trump isn't going to win. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
Sweet! I will take a ballot selfie! :D

RTT-- i need reassurance too. I am really getting anxious. 1 week. 1 week. I can barely imagine how we will all make it thru the election.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
Also, in Philadelphia, there is a HUGE public transportation strike that started today. Our area makes or breaks an election result for the state of PA  :panic: Think about who the strike affects and who they usually vote for.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »
Sweet! I will take a ballot selfie! :D

RTT-- i need reassurance too. I am really getting anxious. 1 week. 1 week. I can barely imagine how we will all make it thru the election.

I'm going to be a wreck by next Tuesday. I just want it to be over, and to never, ever hear about Trump again.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:45:48 PM »
I'm going to be a wreck by next Tuesday. I just want it to be over, and to never, ever hear about Trump again.
YES!
Except i live in Trump country and it is very scary driving around and only seeing Trump signs.  :panic: AND knowing my area is a key area for the election AND Trump was around the corner from my office today  :vomit:

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
YES!
Except i live in Trump country and it is very scary driving around and only seeing Trump signs.  :panic: AND knowing my area is a key area for the election AND Trump was around the corner from my office today  :vomit:

I've promised my kids that there is no way Trump- who they view as the boogyman, can win, but I am getting slightly nauseous at some of the poll numbers. We can't really have that many racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, low-IQ voters in this country. Can we??

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:02 PM »
yes, there are plenty.  And the Tom threads are tiring already; blocking doesn't help much.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
ALL THE FEELS

102-year-old woman born before women could vote casts early ballot for Hillary Clinton

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/102-year-old-born-women-vote-casts-vote-clinton-article-1.2854464

Jerry Emmett, 102, says she's been waiting her whole life to cast her ballot for a woman. (Les Stukenberg/AP)
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 8:10 PM

PRESCOTT, Ariz. — A 102-year-old Prescott, Arizona, woman born before women gained the right to vote in America has cast her ballot early and voted for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Jerry Emmett is urging other Arizonans to follow her lead and use the state's early voting system.

Emmett made headlines in July at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia where she carried a blue-and-white sign that read "Centenarian for Hillary."

As an honorary delegate for Arizona, she announced the state's delegation was casting 51 of its 85 votes for Clinton for president.

Emmett remembers seeing her mother go to vote for the first time after the 19th Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote was ratified in August 1920.

The retired educator says she's been waiting her whole life to cast her ballot for a woman and has been eager to vote for Clinton, who would be the nation's first female president.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 06:38:23 AM »
 :heartbeat:

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 07:38:13 AM »
yes, there are plenty.  And the Tom threads are tiring already; blocking doesn't help much.

No, it doesn't b/c all his nonsense still shows up whenever anyone quotes him.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 08:05:34 AM »
It is funny to open a thread and w him blocked, 80% of posts are hidden.

Listened to MSNBC on the way into work and they are all very positive Clinton will win. I need to hear that optimism especially with the Trump campaign hanging around here for a few days.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 08:08:21 AM »
It is funny to open a thread and w him blocked, 80% of posts are hidden.

Listened to MSNBC on the way into work and they are all very positive Clinton will win. I need to hear that optimism especially with the Trump campaign hanging around here for a few days.

I keep checking 538 and it's disconcerting to see Trump creep up a little more each day. I feel like I'm watching Harry Potter and Voldemort's swords battling.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
Especially after Nate Silver tweeted about the World Series and here we are going into game 7  :panic:

You should change the thread title to No Tom-ato thread, LOL. This is the food forum :p

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
Especially after Nate Silver tweeted about the World Series and here we are going into game 7  :panic:

You should change the thread title to No Tom-ato thread, LOL. This is the food forum :p

Which is why I posted here- he'll never visit this forum (I hope!).

Offline ihop

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
Thank you.

The ignore function is good but I still see the quotes.  And I made the mistake of engaging him last week because his nonsense felt personal.  I can only blame myself.

Tuesday cannot come fast enough.  I was pretty confident last week but am losing a bit of it now. 
La madre degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 11:17:32 AM »
Thank you.

The ignore function is good but I still see the quotes.  And I made the mistake of engaging him last week because his nonsense felt personal.  I can only blame myself.

Tuesday cannot come fast enough.  I was pretty confident last week but am losing a bit of it now. 

I hear you. I'm trying to keep the faith, and I've already voted, so I've done my part. But I'm getting increasingly nervous that somehow Trump will end up elected.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »
I am so anxious!  :nails:

+-SUPPORT US