Forum > Food

Instant pot?

<< < (160/161) > >>

rocketgirl:
Thanks, radial!

I think if I find a decent price, I may go for the Instant Pot and get rid of my crock pot entirely.  (I will, of course, first read the instructions and make sure I'm smart enough to use it before getting rid of anything else.)

nadra24:
I have a 7-in-1 that has the yogurt function. I don't use that function very often but I'm glad to have it. I have transported stuff in it before and it's doable. I haven't ever used it as a slow cooker so I can't comment on that, though I have heard reviews that it doesn't function well as a slow cooker because the heat is just from the bottom as opposed to a crock pot where the heat comes from both the bottom and the sides of the cooker.

It looks like they're only $60 on Amazon so not a huge expense if you end up not liking it as a crock pot. Not too much more than getting just the crock pot, and with much more functionality.

RioG:
What does the yogurt function do?  The recipe I have just used the keep warm button 15 min then unplug.  You scald the milk first.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

merigayle:
I have transported food in it once and it was totally fine.

Ice Cream:
When I bought the IP, I thought it was going to make several other things I had obsolete.  Not so.
I still use my zojirushi rice cooker, my steamer, and my crock pot.  I use the IP mostly for yogurt and beans. 
My steamer is better, because I can see throught it.  I steam eggs, potatoes, and fish in it.
I always make soups in the crock pot, except bean soups.
The rice cooker is always on the counter, so that is why I prefer to use it.  I also make oatmeal in the rice cooker. The IP is stored in the guest room, so I would need to get it out of there, and it's big.  (6 or 7 qt.)

I did buy additional silicone rings for the IP.  They absorb smell.

I did not buy a glass lid for the IP like Radial did.  I use the silicone lids that you can use on any pot.  It fulfills the same need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version