Author Topic: Meal plans  (Read 3654 times)

Offline oblio

• The Runners
Meal plans
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:12:14 PM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a website or a book with a meal plan? I'd like to eat better, and I think having very specific instructions (you will have A for breakfast, B for lunch, C for a snack, etc) would really help me to learn what a good days meals are and create better habits.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Meal plans
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »
I liked "the instinct diet" for this. http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Instincts-Weight---Off--Without-Feeling/dp/076115874X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424279988&sr=8-2&keywords=the+instinct+diet

She provides 8 weeks of menus + a bunch of recipes. You do sort of have to ignore some of the suggestions she makes and realize they are made in the spirit of bridging the gap for someone who eats fast food 3 meals a day/ 7 days a week.  :D

It's helpful for me to think that a lunch portion is 1 cup of broth soup + half a sandwich or 2 cups of salad. Reading the menus it feels like NOT ENOUGH FOOD! But I was surprisingly satisfied while following the plan.

That said, if you work out at all, it's too few calories. Which is easily solved by eating an extra "meal" every day.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
I will say that two things were challenging:
- it does take a fare amount of forethought, planning, etc to prepare your day/week's foods.
- it's hard to eat out and stick with the meal plans

Offline oblio

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »
Thank you! I'm actually in an unusual position to be able to prepare meals pretty easily right now and avoid eating out too much so I'm trying to take advantage while I can.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
I believe Happy Herbivore does veg based ones weekly.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
WW does one for the first month you join.

Offline oblio

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:19:34 AM »
I will check those out, too. Thanks, guys!

+-SUPPORT US