Author Topic: USFL  (Read 1870 times)

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
  • now i'm trying to get back
    • redShirt Union
USFL
« on: April 17, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
who's watching?
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: USFL
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 01:56:30 PM »
Is this a retro thread?
I've been doing this how long?

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »
nope.
The scientific consensus might, of course, be wrong. If the history of science teaches anything, it is humility. But our grandchildren will surely blame us if they find that we understood the reality of climate change and failed to do anything about it.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 07:44:50 AM »
championship game july 3rd at 730pm on fox.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 10:17:16 AM »
My husband and kid watched some of the early USFL games, but then life got busy…nonstop youth sports, NBA playoffs and finals, Stranger Things, Better Call Saul…Holey Moley. Lots of other stuff to watch. But maybe we’ll tune in to see whether the Stars outshine the Stallions.

Offline Golden God

• Turgid
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 02:59:30 PM »
Jim Mora once coached in Philly.

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 06:26:04 PM »
My husband and kid watched some of the early USFL games, but then life got busy…nonstop youth sports, NBA playoffs and finals, Stranger Things, Better Call Saul…Holey Moley. Lots of other stuff to watch. But maybe we’ll tune in to see whether the Stars outshine the Stallions.

yeah, i started out watching the season, life got in the way here too.

most of the play was purdie good although the broadcast gimmicks made me want to leave a bad yelp review.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 07:42:11 PM »

most of the play was purdie good although the broadcast gimmicks made me want to leave a bad yelp review.

More egregious than the NFL Nickelodeon slime-monster animation thingie??

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 11:20:31 AM »
More egregious than the NFL Nickelodeon slime-monster animation thingie??

did not watch so cannot compare.

if you watched the horrible xfl relaunch where they would just plug into one of the sideline coaches for ten to fifteen minutes straight without commentators - like that but with better players and coaches.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 04:50:28 PM »
did not watch so cannot compare.

if you watched the horrible xfl relaunch where they would just plug into one of the sideline coaches for ten to fifteen minutes straight without commentators - like that but with better players and coaches.
Perhaps I’ll check out the championship game (The Meh Bowl). Though, do I cash in my woke card by tuning in to Fox? ;)

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 09:23:42 AM »
i will be watching too.

as for fox, i regularly (to DW's chagrin) watch fauxNews. you cannot fight that which you don't know.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 09:56:08 AM »
i will be watching too.

as for fox, i regularly (to DW's chagrin) watch fauxNews. you cannot fight that which you don't know.
I’m a maybe…or, a “I’ll prolly start watching, then stop by the half and have no regrets” I conscripted the fam to run a ‘Merica-themed road race on July 4th. We’ll have to be up and ready to roll early, to prove our patriotism by hobbyjogging.

I don’t bother with any talking heads. I have the occasional Morning Joe with my morning joe, but that’s more for background noise than my desire to be told what I want to hear. Plus, Willie is dreamy.

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 03:54:17 PM »
I could google this, but… who won?
Ended up watching Psych and then…Family Feud…(we compete…see if we’re less dumb than the families…the whole thing is dumb but wildly entertaining) last night.

They gonna branch out from playing all games in B’ham next year??

Offline morefoolyou

• The Runners
    • redShirt Union
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »
I could google this, but… who won?
Ended up watching Psych and then…Family Feud…(we compete…see if we’re less dumb than the families…the whole thing is dumb but wildly entertaining) last night.

They gonna branch out from playing all games in B’ham next year??

Birmingham. both teams lost their starting QBs, one to a broken leg.

not bad actually.

+-SUPPORT US