Author Topic: Protein supplements?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
Protein supplements?
« on: December 08, 2019, 01:36:41 PM »
Maybe this doesn't belong in Food, lol!

Do you use them? Any recommendations?

I stir the Vega Salted Caramel onto my morning oatmeal and have grown fond of its hideousness.  Perhaps tho, I should be eating a better one?  I'm using MFP to track my macros and this seems to be the only way to get my protein to 20% without eating what feels like too much meat.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
Re: Protein supplements?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 03:22:46 PM »
Historically, yes.  But not since I figured out that protein supplements are ridiculously expensive and not in any important way superior to animal sources of protein like meat, fish, poultry, dairy, and minimally process vegetable sources.  The last time I was strictly counting macros, I just ate enough protein from those sources to meet my daily goal (25%) and it was never a problem.  The way I see it, if you are counting macros, you just go by the numbers. 

Offline CheryG

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 03:35:43 PM »
It just seems like so much meat or dairy... maybe I should eat baked beans for breakfast. :)

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »
I like SFH and they run a lot of sales around this time of year.  I'm off protein supplements (and tracking protein really) until I finish this speed running cycle next week and go back to more lifting.  But I like their Pure product for keeping the protein up.  Love the vanilla flavor, like the chocolate flavor, enjoy the churros flavor for variety.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
I like sfh too. It doesnt have that gross whey taste. But I agree that you might as well eat whole foods if you can.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »
I use Garden of Life.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

+-SUPPORT US