Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

Minor peeve

(1/3) > >>

Yogi:
I figure you guys can relate :)

I am not a professional photographer and I'm not a portrait photographer but some of my extended family members have asked me in recent years/months to do some of their family shots - Christmas cards, six-month family shoot with baby, just a general 'nice' picture of everyone together, etc. And it's fine - I feel some pressure but I think I do a nice job even though portraits are not my forte.

But there are never any thanks. I work hard to get these photos processed and distributed within 48 hours of shooting. The past two times I have not gotten any reply to my email, not a thanks! or any acknowledgment that the photos were even received. And then - the pictures show up on FB with absolutely no attribution even after a bunch of people comment on how nice the photo is.

So twice now I've commented on the photo with something like, "That was such a fun day!" and then I get a reply comment like, "Thanks to Yogi for taking the shot!" - but I have to say it slightly hurts my feelings when I don't get any thanks or attribution for my work until I bring it up.

I don't know. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive about it but this is the third time this scenario has played out (involving three separate family units) and I just don't know how to express that I would like at least an acknowledgement if the photos are going to be posted publicly.

Thoughts? Am I being crazy? How do you guys handle this? I would feel more strongly if I were trying to promote a business, which I'm not; I guess I would just like some basic manners.

fancypants:
I'd be a lot more pissed than you are. Bare minimum, you deserve a heartfelt thank you note and public credit where photos are posted.

Yogi:

--- Quote from: fancypants on September 30, 2014, 12:13:50 PM ---I'd be a lot more pissed than you are. Bare minimum, you deserve a heartfelt thank you note and public credit where photos are posted.

--- End quote ---

Wow, I would be floored if I got an actual thank you note. Clearly I should raise my standards!

The Turtle Whisperer:
It seems to be a common issue. 

I think, a: people are often crude and rude, and b: they really don't think you're actually doing much of anything. 

Kind of like somebody commenting on one of your photos with, "wow, you must have a nice camera!" 

Yogi:

--- Quote from: The Turtle Whisperer on September 30, 2014, 01:12:54 PM ---It seems to be a common issue. 

I think, a: people are often crude and rude, and b: they really don't think you're actually doing much of anything. 

Kind of like somebody commenting on one of your photos with, "wow, you must have a nice camera!" 

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I hate that one too!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version