Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

Canon vs Nikon

(1/4) > >>

moroccangirl:
Why did you choose one over the other (assuming you have these models)?

The Turtle Whisperer:
I knew I was going to be a DX shooter for the forseable future and I felt Nikon had shown more commitment to the format... That was a few years back.  I just sold the body I originally bought and a backup and bought Nikon's highest end DX body.   

I'm still quite the noob, and I'm sure if I had gone the Canon route I'd be just as happy..
They both make some great stuff and we all benefit because of the competition.

What do you have now?   You not happy?

moroccangirl:
Nikon D7000. I'm not happy but I don't know if it's me or the camera. I think I read before that the canons produce really vibrant colors. That's what i'm not liking about my nikon. But again, could just be me. Also, every time I take a picture for someone on the street (like if they want a group shot and the person taking the pic won't be in it), when it's a canon, it just feels nice in my hands. Probably because it's something different.

The Turtle Whisperer:

--- Quote from: moroccangirl on September 28, 2014, 04:12:41 PM ---Nikon D7000. I'm not happy but I don't know if it's me or the camera. I think I read before that the canons produce really vibrant colors. That's what i'm not liking about my nikon. But again, could just be me. Also, every time I take a picture for someone on the street (like if they want a group shot and the person taking the pic won't be in it), when it's a canon, it just feels nice in my hands. Probably because it's something different.

--- End quote ---

Are the Canon's you like full frame?  They do feel nicer... I'm considering getting a grip.

Can you rent bodies and lenses over there?  That would be a good way to play around..

moroccangirl:

--- Quote from: The Turtle Whisperer on September 28, 2014, 04:20:40 PM ---Are the Canon's you like full frame?  They do feel nicer... I'm considering getting a grip.

Can you rent bodies and lenses over there?  That would be a good way to play around..

--- End quote ---

I think the 7D, which is comparable to the D7000 is full frame. No, can't rent over here :(
I'm hoping to find someone here on camp that will let me use their camera for a half hour or so just to get a feel for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version