Author Topic: Gobble Gobble MFers! Anyone doing a turkey trot today?  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
Gobble Gobble MFers! Anyone doing a turkey trot today?
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:28 AM »
Over 1 million people now run a turkey trot on Thanksgiving, making it the single biggest participatory running day in the country. So are you doing one? Do you usually do one?

Here no, but did a festive 5K last weekend, it was the USATF state championship so sort of an odd juxtaposition with some serious racers and fun runners in costume etc. Will do 5K XC on Saturday (race just added to calendar last week), and looking forward that because I love XC.

I usually do something, between half and 2/3 of the time will race on T-day. If not run/ski or hike (which is what I'll do today). Last year I did the big one near downtown, and then hung at the beer garden for 3 hours because I didn't want to go to in-laws--an exercise in head pounding--until the last minute.   
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Gobble Gobble MFers! Anyone doing a turkey trot today?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
I'm not today b/c I rolled my foot playing (rec league) football two nights ago.  We usually participate in a friend-organized rogue turkey trot (nice, small thing at the park the official trot abandoned when it got too big) and I'm bummed to miss today.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
I looked into entering the 122nd Annual Turkey Trot in Buffalo, but it was sold out when I checked the website Tuesday morning. Will go for my usual run this afternoon/evening.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline chqm8

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
Nope but I did just get back from a pre-feast 9.25 miles.

Bring on the stuffing. 
chqm8= 'checkmate'

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Can't run anymore, but watched the Manchester Road Race on my ipad. 

Offline joy2theworld

• Turgid
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Yep.  Ran a local 5 mile Turkey Trot this morning with a few thousand others  :o  Most were doing the 5k or fun run, but still too many people/kids/walkers who don't know how to line up for a race even though there were pace signs. 

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 09:54:57 AM »
Ches is back baby! King Cheserek wins Silicon Valley 5K in 13:38; some big racing in Manchester, CT probably the most prestigious of all the turkey runs. http://iresultslive.com/?op=summary&eid=3046
I'll stick to running, thank you.

+-SUPPORT US