Forum > Food

Please recommend a cookbook or website filled with healthy recipes

(1/7) > >>

RioG:
That limit sugar and carbs and are heavy on protein and vegetables.

I know what I need to do, I just need it to be easy, and I've discovered I actually like flipping through cookbooks and finding stuff to make.  The only trouble is the two cookbooks I have are old and filled with things like macaroni and cheese. :D

I know I can google this, but it would be nice to see what you guys recommend since I know you've put a ton of thought in to it already.

I have belly fat and I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff about sugar being the biggest contributor to that - and I assume by sugar they mean excess carbs as well.

TIA! Smooches!

;)

diablita:
Rio, I'm not sure this is as grain-light as you want, but I've been thinking of using some of the meal plans from Clean Eating:
http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Meal-Planning/Meal-Plans.aspx

It looks handy for meal planning and matches the way I like to prepare food -- balanced and healthy.

teetime:
So, I'm not proud of this but we have an old south beach diet book which is half recipes.  It isn't gourmet but it has lots of ideas and we cook a lot of our weekly meals following the general recipes set out there (just add lots more layers of spice and heat).

merigayle:
My favorite websites are the fat free vegan blog and happy herbivore's site.

redkitty:
There are a number of diabetic cookbooks that would probably fit what you are looking for. I know the American heart Association's diabetic cookbooks have some decent recipes in them. But I am sure just going to amazon and typing in diabetic cookbook will bring up good results. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version