Forum > Food

Low sugar cookies or other yummy things for diabetics - recipes needed

(1/4) > >>

Eco Ellen:
Does anybody have any tried-and-true recipes that are good for diabetics?  Specifically I would like desserts or cookies or other yummy things.  Thanks.

Eco Ellen:
Here's one that looks decent.  I would do cashews instead of walnuts because of allergy.  Also when they say "regular oats" which do they mean?  I have "old fashioned" oats in the cabinet.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/banana-nut-cookies-10000001732692/

2 cups uncooked regular oats
    1 cup raisins
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 medium)
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Combine banana, oil, and vanilla; stir well. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.

3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.

carbo rating: 8

Run Amok:
The one I was going to post is very similar. The come out tasting like banana bread.

Eco Ellen:
Would old fashioned oats work?

Courtney:

--- Quote from: Eco Ellen on February 20, 2013, 10:04:36 AM ---Would old fashioned oats work?

--- End quote ---

Yes... 

The only difference between old fashioned oats and the rolled oats is the how much they have been ground, old fashioned oats are a bit bigger, if I'm remembering right. 

And who knows what they mean by "regular" :D 

I make a similar recipe with oats and it's fine.  I use yogurt instead of oil, but that's about the only difference.  They will be a bit denser than a traditional muffin, but tasty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version