Forum > Food

Mock tails and appetizers

(1/3) > >>

redkitty:
A co-worker/friend is getting married and I am helping with the bridal shower at work. We came up with an idea to make the shower like a mini wedding reception (theme wise...as in we want it "fancy"...using the term loosely here.) So then we thought hors d'oeuvres and mocktails (it will be during work so the mock part is important...though we are going to serve actual champagne.) Anyway, the bride is of polish descent and the groom is from KY (no idea what his descent is... :D) So we thought we would serve some Polish appetizers and some Kentucky appetizers. I think for the Polish ones if I can make potato pancakes and reheated them without them being icky, that is what we will go with. Relatively easy-ish.

But ideas for Kentucky? when I google I get deviled eggs, which is fine or a Kentucky Brown sandwich or possibly meatballs in a bourbon sauce. But any other suggestions?

also, do you all have good  mocktail recipes that can be made in larger quantities that are good? We will have around 20 people. Having a mix of 2-3 would be good. The ones I found online would probably work for individuals, but seem like an awful lot of work to make for 20 plus people (I am not sitting there making drinks, these need to be pre-made.) I have until the end of June to figure this out.

radial:
Bourbon balls are a KY fav. 

Run Amok:
I would think you could make pretty much any mocktail recipe in pitcher form vs one drink at a a time-- just figure out the ratios & scale up. What's the difference btween a mocktail & punch? Some sort of hibiscus thing would be pretty & fun. Or, add lime juice & mint to ginger beer & call it a mint julep?

redkitty:

--- Quote from: Run Amok on April 24, 2019, 01:37:47 PM ---I would think you could make pretty much any mocktail recipe in pitcher form vs one drink at a a time-- just figure out the ratios & scale up. What's the difference btween a mocktail & punch? Some sort of hibiscus thing would be pretty & fun. Or, add lime juice & mint to ginger beer & call it a mint julep?

--- End quote ---

The fact that you call them mocktails instead of punch? I have no idea if there really is a difference. Maybe presentation?

Yea a mint julep showed up as one. That would fit with the theme.

I saw one for a mocktail of a blood mary...um...isn't that just tomato juice? So yea, I laughed at some of the google suggestions.

caribougrrl:
elderflower fizz mocktail:

one part elderflower syrup
one part lime juice
two parts soda water

or if you can get sparkling elderflower water (bottle green brand is very good), you can mix 3 parts of the elderflower water with one part lime juice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version