Author Topic: Grocery shopping  (Read 8692 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Grocery shopping
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
I think this is a particularly seattle, right now, in my neighborhood issue. With 1,000 people per week moving to this area-- everything is just fucking crowded all the time. Like, you now have to plan for traffic any time of day going anywhere-- which used to not be the case.

I just think they restock during the day and overnight. But, I'm talking about like if I go to the grocery store at 8 or 9 after the gym-- usually it's quieter but they haven't restocked yet.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
I think this is a particularly seattle, right now, in my neighborhood issue. With 1,000 people per week moving to this area-- everything is just fucking crowded all the time. Like, you now have to plan for traffic any time of day going anywhere-- which used to not be the case.

I just think they restock during the day and overnight. But, I'm talking about like if I go to the grocery store at 8 or 9 after the gym-- usually it's quieter but they haven't restocked yet.

That's generally when I would go, after dinner on the way home from work (I generally eat near work).  I go earlier (or Sunday) if I need to pick up a prescription.  But they are out of stock on stuff no matter when I go, so I think they probably just suck.  The new Publix is nice, but they don't have much generic OTC meds, or really much generic anything.  But they do have fancy cheese.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Rejaneration

• Passed on to another Brane
  • The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 07:52:32 AM »
Who the heck can go to the grocery store NOT in the evening? 

People who mostly work in the evenings.    :)
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
Point.

But enough people are going in the evening that they should restock.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
Locally, they do seem to restock in the evenings, after the hoardes. But, I do not think it's practical or safe for them to restock during busy periods. So, if you go just after a busy period (like 8 or 9pm) you will encounter not-yet-stocked shelves.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
Part of managing a retailer is knowing which key items turn over quickly.  Yes, you do go re-stock those items. 

And for crying out loud, your store should not be empty on Sunday AND Monday just because people went shopping on Saturday.

I am so glad I have a Publix near me now, although I wish they had more generics in OTC drugs.  Target is terrible.  You'd have multiple facings of something consistently out of stock (generic Gas-X and generic Benadryl for example - consistently out of stock even though there are multiple rows for it on the shelf).  Or no corn of any kind in the store (no fresh, no frozen, no canned).  Like how does that even HAPPEN?

+-SUPPORT US