Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Running / Re: Perpetual Beer Mile Thread
« Last post by RandMart on Today at 12:24:05 PM »
And NOW ... ROWING MACHINES!!!

Guy vs. Girl ROWING Beer Mile (CrossFit + drinking ft. MaxNoSleeves)

The CrossFit conversion of running to rowing is 400m run = 500m row. So we actually rowed a full 2,000m. And a full 48 ounces of beer.
Running / Tuesday, August 14th
« Last post by Richard21142 on Today at 11:00:38 AM »
Weights plus rowing
Running / Re: Monday Aug 13, 2018
« Last post by ctjim on Today at 09:15:45 AM »
4 miles today.

Jim
Food / Re: Camping food
« Last post by BonitaApplebum on August 13, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
We did, thanks! Lots of great outdoor cooking the rest of the trip, too. We had seared ahi, gourmet burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, chili, crepes, fancy grilled cheeses, pierogies, dessert quesadillas, I can't even think what else. My people really love to eat and camp.
« Last post by kevin871 on August 13, 2018, 07:56:11 PM »
7 miles
« Last post by Fast Eddie on August 13, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
5K checking out a race route.
« Last post by diablita on August 13, 2018, 07:05:23 PM »
SO awesome!! 

Talk about making lemonade out of lemons.  Sounds like you had a great trip?
« Last post by BonitaApplebum on August 13, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »
BA-- where/how do you do the cleanup for all of that? That's the part that always gets me.  Like how do you dispose of the fat from your fryer?

My brother put the pot in the back of his truck and brought it home with him!
« Last post by Run Amok on August 13, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
BA-- where/how do you do the cleanup for all of that? That's the part that always gets me.  Like how do you dispose of the fat from your fryer?
Food / Camping food
« Last post by BonitaApplebum on August 13, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
OK, so for the first leg of our vacation, we were camping with my brother and his family for two nights in Vermont.

He and I split the meals, and since we were arriving first, I volunteered for Friday dinner -- meatball parm subs. I asked him if he could bring a stove, because (as I mentioned upthread) mine is bogus. Also for the rest of the trip we were camping with other people who had a nice new stove and a bunch of other kitchen stuff that I wasn't bringing. He suggested we plan to grill instead, and I said sure.

I prepped my stuff, packed the coolers, hit the road. We were halfway there when I remembered I'd forgotten to take my meatballs out of the freezer and put them in the cooler. So, we stopped at a grocery store, and I got stuff to make meatballs fresh.

Got to the site, set up camp. Brother arrives -- he's late and in a tizzy, grabbed the wrong camping bin AND... forgot the grill! So now we have... the grill thing that comes on the firepit. Oh, and a propane tank with a ring attachment that we were returning to him from a previous weekend, and a not particularly seasoned cast iron griddle. Thus began the Weekend of Improv.

Friday dinner: meatball parm subs. Meatballs cooked on the griddle over the propane ring, then subs wrapped in foil and warmed over the coals.

Saturday breakfast: Sausages, bacon, and eggs on the griddle. (Did I mention we had no tongs?) Griddle was definitely better seasoned after the bacon.

Saturday lunch: We made a deep fryer out of a big pot and the propane ring. I had some zukes from the garden and, of course, breadcrumbs from the meatballs. Dredged in flour (I can't even remember why I packed flour!) and and egg. Delicious. We also went and bought a bag of fries.

Saturday dinner: fajitas on the griddle. burritos wrapped in foil over the coals. Can of beans literally heated in the can over the fire. Seriously keeping it classy at this point.

Sunday breakfast: french toast and sausage on the griddle. Griddle is in fine shape at this point! And really, who needs a stove!

ETA -- that's my bro manning the makeshift deep fryer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10