Forum > Running

Anyone a Winter Runner only?

(1/11) > >>

RioG:
I seem to get my running motivation in the winter.  I just saw that a trail race I've done a few times has eliminated their 25k distance and replaced it with a 20.  It's a relatively easy double track with some hills. Nothing like the hellacious singletrack death march 25k I did last fall.

I'll be starting from scratch since I haven't run much at all lately.

Anyway, just curious.  Spring and summer and fall have so many competing priorities whereas winter... there's so little to do (no garden or outside work).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

DickWadzinski:
I used to love those slushy 20 mile winter long runs.  Lately my house flipping has been taking up all my spare time and energy.

Magic Microbe:
Cant really run here in the summer since its 110 for 6 months of the year but this year I haven't been a winter runner either.

Suesquatch:
Summer here is TM only, unless you're a running machine like Rochey.

CheryG:
Not really.  I love being able to run at night without a headlamp.  I love how beautiful it is outside. 

But for the most part the trails are shut down for running, which sucks. Long runs below 0F are challenging, esp because I usually have a headwind on the second half of my runs.

Ice under snow sucks.

I bought some new spikes this year, hoping they run better than my old ones.  The old ones gripped fine but would always strain my plantar fascia a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version