Forum > The Open Pub

Sportsball!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Golden God:

--- Quote from: jivan on July 06, 2022, 08:24:28 PM ---Joey Chestnut won the men’s contest! But Miki Sudo won the women’s competition. Typical. Ignore the female athletes!  :eyeroll:

I’ll see how many dogs I can down at the Trop next week! :D

--- End quote ---

They serve grilled Manta Ray in a bun!

Golden God:

--- Quote from: radial on July 06, 2022, 08:03:29 PM ---Hah, I think my record is 3.  When I was very small, one of our neighbors offered to take a bunch of us kids to a baseball game.  It was the first and only time I ever saw the Washington Senators play.  Mr. Roberts (foolishly) told us that he would buy a round of hot dogs if/whenever the Senators scored a run.  I don't know what got into them that day, but they scored 6 runs over the course of the game.  By the time we were gobbling our third round of hotdogs, Mr. Roberts was so obviously swollen with anger, that I opted for the better part of valor.  Even so, it was a long ride home from Griffith Stadium.

--- End quote ---

A hot dog and a bottle of water now costs around 8 bucks at the Marlins game. A far cry from "Dollar Dog Nights" at Vet's Stadium back in the 90s.

jivan:

--- Quote from: Golden God on July 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM ---They serve grilled Manta Ray in a bun!

--- End quote ---
They got papa john’s za and dippin dots!! Two things that only exist in legend, as far as my prior life experience!

Golden God:

--- Quote from: jivan on July 06, 2022, 08:34:19 PM ---They got papa john’s za and dippin dots!! Two things that only exist in legend, as far as my prior life experience!

--- End quote ---

I've still never seen Dippin Dots, heard of them for years though.

jivan:

--- Quote from: Golden God on July 06, 2022, 08:36:32 PM ---I've still never seen Dippin Dots, heard of them for years though.

--- End quote ---
You gotta go to the Trop!
Actually, ice cream graupel is prolly something I’ll pass on…unless I can get it served up in a mini batting helmet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version