Forum > The Open Pub

NBA draft

<< < (3/17) > >>

siamesedream:
Okafor was a good pick, but 76ers still stink.

buzzy:

--- Quote from: siamesedream on November 05, 2015, 05:32:11 PM ---Okafor was a good pick, but 76ers still stink.

--- End quote ---

And an obvious pick. So glad that the Lakers didn't take him.

--buzz

siamesedream:

--- Quote from: buzzy on November 06, 2015, 12:35:04 AM ---And an obvious pick. So glad that the Lakers didn't take him.

--buzz

--- End quote ---

Obvious, until it wasn't. Okafor was the consensus number one or two pick until about a month before the draft, then you had all these general managers who suddenly thought Russell was better. I AM glad the Lakers outsmarted themselves and took Russell. I fear the Sixers would have probably taken Russell if they had been at number 2. They really wanted to get him.

buzzy:

--- Quote from: siamesedream on November 06, 2015, 01:05:37 AM ---
Obvious, until it wasn't. Okafor was the consensus number one or two pick until about a month before the draft, then you had all these general managers who suddenly thought Russell was better. I AM glad the Lakers outsmarted themselves and took Russell. I fear the Sixers would have probably taken Russell if they had been at number 2. They really wanted to get him.

--- End quote ---

You may be right.  I don't really follow college bball until the ncaa tournament.  I thought Okafor was supposed to be the consensus #1.  Towns really looked good in the tourney, and it was no surprise he went #1 after all was said and done.  Really didn't know too much about Russell as I didn't see him too much as Ohio State made a quick exit from the tourney.  I thought some other Kentucky players may move up higher.

--buzz

siamesedream:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20151120_After_humbling_loss__questions_arise_about_Sixers__direction.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version