Forum > Food

Canning... Any good pickle recipes? And what do I do with plums?

(1/3) > >>

picote:
OK, so pickles and plums may seem an odd combination, but I just came in from the garden with a bunch of pickling cukes and a HUGE bag of plums--and the tree is still half full... So excited!

Anyone have a tried and true dill pickle recipe?

Any suggestions for preserving plums would be very appreciated as well. Not a fan of the syrupy sweet preserved fruit, but it would be nice to have something yummy to break open this winter. I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend :D

witchypoo:
plums can be pickled.

but I'd probably just make pie and jam with them.

all-smiles:
Plum jelly :eats:

all-smiles:
And my step mom makes some awesome dill pickles, I can get her recipe if you need :)

picote:

--- Quote from: all-smiles on June 22, 2013, 12:40:44 AM ---And my step mom makes some awesome dill pickles, I can get her recipe if you need :)

--- End quote ---

I would love it! I've found a ton of recipes online, but there is a huge difference between good dill pickles and the soft mushy ones my mom used to always can... :)

And thanks for the plum suggestions--we're a pie free household at the moment, in the hopes that I'll stop expanding! Wonder if you could can plum pie filling? I may try the jam. My first attempt last summer at grape jam didn't go so well, so I feel the need to redeem myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version