Forum > Food

Guacamole Recipes

(1/3) > >>

Miss:
I recently had mango, pomegranite guacamole at the Cactus Grille in Boston and now I'm looking for any other  variations on guacamole. 

triciaflower:
That's way too fancy pants for me. Just give me a simple smushed avocado, with pico de gallo mixed in, and some cilantro and lime and I'm happy!

Heck.. just give me the smushed avocado with some lime. 

:heartbeat:

GreenMan:
Thug Kitchen has them some Grapefruit guacamole:

5 ripe avocados
2 medium grapefruits or 1 big son of a bitch
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup chopped red onion
juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
¼ teaspoon salt

Take the pit out of the avocados and scoop out all the green flesh into a large bowl. Mash it up with fork. I like my guacamole chunky but do what you gotta do. Cut the grapefruit up into segments like you would cut an orange. Remove the peel and cut the segments into pieces about the size of a nickel. Put all the grapefruit into the bowl with the avocado. Add the cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and salt and mix it all up. Taste it and add more shit until you like it. Serve immediately or chill it for a bit. I’m not gonna tell you how to eat guacamole, just follow your fucking heart.

Run Amok:
Grapefruit and avocado are great together! Never thought to make them into guac!

My fav guac:

2 avocados
a garlic clove or two
a shallot
1/2 a lime or so
1/2-1 tsp salt
1/2-1 tsp cumin

Sometimes I add a hot pepper or sprinkle the top with chipotle powder

Yum! Yum!

nadra24:
I love Thug Kitchen!

I am boring when it comes to guac, I just use minced onion, lime, garlic powder, and salt/pepper in with the avocado.  There's a restaurant near us that puts fresh orange juice in with the lime juice, so sometimes I do that if I've got an orange around.  I bet that grapefruit guac is awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version