Forum > Food

What is this?

<< < (2/2)

moroccangirl:

--- Quote from: merigayle on June 14, 2013, 05:34:46 PM ---But you have a vitamix!

--- End quote ---

Heh. I didn't buy the food mill. No manual labor for me when I have the vitamix.

triciaflower:
I thinks it's a type of sieve. Like for cooked strawberries or raspberries. If you make a puree, you'll want to get the seeds out, so you plop it in there and turn the masher thing around and around and it makes quick work of the the puree. Instead of using a spoon to mash and mash and mash.

moroccangirl:

--- Quote from: triciaflower on June 15, 2013, 12:58:02 AM ---I thinks it's a type of sieve. Like for cooked strawberries or raspberries. If you make a puree, you'll want to get the seeds out, so you plop it in there and turn the masher thing around and around and it makes quick work of the the puree. Instead of using a spoon to mash and mash and mash.

--- End quote ---

That sounds about right if dh said his mom used to use it for tomato sauce when he was younger.

gebuh:
food mill, good for ricing potatoes.  If you use it for tomatoes, does it separate out the seeds?

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: gebuh on June 15, 2013, 07:32:28 PM ---food mill, good for ricing potatoes.  If you use it for tomatoes, does it separate out the seeds?

--- End quote ---

seeds and skin; depending on the size of the mesh, but that one looks like it would keep the seeds out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version