Forum > Food

Pakora and samosas?

(1/5) > >>

moroccangirl:
Does anyone have a recipe for either of these? I like samosas ok, the potato filled or chicken ones are good. But I love pakoras. I googled a bit and it seems there are different kinds of pakoras. The only ones I had were some type of vegetable with lots of spices. I don't fry any foods, just because we don't eat it much. But I'll always make an exception for these!

caribougrrl:
for pakoras, I take 3 parts chickpea flour + 1 part rice flour, mix in a bowl with a bit of salt, ground cumin & coriander, some ground hot chili... add water slowly until it turns into a smooth batter... but not thin

then you can either batter individual veg cut however you want and deep fry in peanut oil (or whatever you usually use for deep fry oil), or you can chop and mix veg with the the batter then spoon into the deep fry oil to make fritter-type pakoras

moroccangirl:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on June 01, 2013, 05:33:11 PM ---for pakoras, I take 3 parts chickpea flour + 1 part rice flour, mix in a bowl with a bit of salt, ground cumin & coriander, some ground hot chili... add water slowly until it turns into a smooth batter... but not thin

then you can either batter individual veg cut however you want and deep fry in peanut oil (or whatever you usually use for deep fry oil), or you can chop and mix veg with the the batter then spoon into the deep fry oil to make fritter-type pakoras

--- End quote ---

Fritter type! That's what I like. I couldn't remember the word "fritter". Thanks!

BonitaApplebum:
We threw samosas into the deep fryer on thanksgiving before the bird. Mmm.

merigayle:
I have never made pakoras cause i don't fry things, but i will not hesitate to eat them out ;)

this was tasty and easy
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/indian-samosa-casserole/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version