Author Topic: Wednesday April 18, 2018  (Read 2019 times)

Offline kevin871

• The Runners
    • My Running Log
Wednesday April 18, 2018
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:34:36 AM »
6.5 miles

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
Re: Wednesday April 18, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
I was looking forward to running outside after work all day, but my start time slipped a little with having to stop for groceries, then pick up D'Kid from work, then making a small plate of dinner for D'Wife, becuase she doesn't like to work out on an empty tummy

Even though I was staring about 45 minutes later than I had planned, dammit I was getting out there. It was getting close to sundown, so I put on my shorts & a glowy long-sleeve shirt, and got out the door [no need for lights anymore, but a reflecto-vest could've come in handy towards the end, perhaps]

I could hear Mister Softee chiming some where in the distance, as well as the whirring of the peepers in the swampy areas nearby

I was startled a bit coming down the hill that starts the last mile ... dude, I know the calendar says Mid-April, and yes, the ice cream trucks are out, but it's kinda chilly, and there still is a threat of snow lurking about, so there is no fucking need for you to run your fucking sprinklers, and NOT in the fucking dark ... that is Summertime shit, asshole
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline chqm8

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »
I almost always run on my lunch hour at work but couldn't on Wednesday.  As the day progressed I could feel my de-energizing, crashing fast.  I figured that when  I got home from work that I would take an unscheduled rest day and snooze on the couch until bedtime.

And then I remembered all of the bad asses who ran Boston.  So, I got home, laced em up, and ran 7 miles. 

Felt pretty good. 
chqm8= 'checkmate'

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
... And then I remembered all of the bad asses who ran Boston ...

I can see that being a recurring theme for a while ... everywhere, not just here

I was thinking this morning of the last time I watched a marathon in a major city with so much rain [but certainly without the brutal temps and insane wind those folks endured/survived] was LA 2011, which is where I stole this photo from for "Postcards From the Curb"

... And my fashion template, Flea, was there that year too

'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »
Lazy day!

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
8 miles.  Took me 3 miles until I felt human.  Did 5 by 3 at  some made up race pace

+-SUPPORT US