Forum > Food

Thanksgiving Menu!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Cool Foot Luke:

--- Quote from: monster2 on October 29, 2017, 08:56:17 PM ---Do you have gravy??

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Great point! Hmmm, that's a potential downside to having someone else cook the turkey.

caribougrrl:
I spent Canadian thanksgiving with my family for the first time in 15 years (it's a long way to travel for a meal)... it was also my brother's 40th birthday.  My brother ALWAYS has fish on his birthday, even when it falls on thanksgiving.  My father recently purchased a tortilla press and wanted me to teach him how to make tortillas.  My mother has recently discovered the joy of green tomatoes.  My parents live in peanut country.  The niece and nephews are into "bar" service these days (salad bar, sundae bar, etc.)... so clearly, we had to have a taco bar:

Mom's secret recipe fried great lakes perch
corn tortillas
flour tortillas
green tomato salsa fresca
red tomato salsa fresca
super hot peanut sauce
toasted black beans
cider vinaigrette coleslaw
potatatas bravas

strawberry surprise, Grandma's recipe, traditional birthday dessert for my brother who made the mistake of being so enthusiastic about it on his 3rd birthday he has been unable to request anything else since

Most years we have MIL and any of our friends and neighbours without a Tgiving meal to go to at ours for turkey.
roast turkey
sausage stuffing in the neck cavity
bread stuffing in the body cavity
roast potatoes
butter basted julienned carrot and parsnip
steamed dark leafy greens of some sort
giblet gravy
partridgeberry (small wild cranberry) chutney
pickled blueberries
pumpkin pie or pumpkin flan
apple pie or apple crisp
sage or rosemary ice cream

I am seriously considering fish tacos for all future thanksgivings.

Chasing Amy:
I wish I had the space to host Thanksgiving - I love cooking for people!

Cool Foot Luke:

--- Quote from: Chasing Amy on October 30, 2017, 12:15:54 PM ---I wish I had the space to host Thanksgiving - I love cooking for people!

--- End quote ---

You should come over! And meet my parents and crazy aunt.

We have two more "maybes" now, a very sweet couple that DBF knows from grad school.

Chasing Amy:

--- Quote from: Cool Foot Luke on October 30, 2017, 01:02:32 PM ---You should come over! And meet my parents and crazy aunt.

We have two more "maybes" now, a very sweet couple that DBF knows from grad school.

--- End quote ---

I would love too, but I'm headed up to Seattle to see my parents. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version