Author Topic: What fall races are you doing?  (Read 29839 times)

Offline Virginia Plain

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
What fall races are you doing?
« on: August 14, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »
Just signed up for the OCNJ 1/2.
Doing it w/my running bestie who came to DE to run the Delaware Marathon w/me this past spring even though I had to defer. 
Then, it's just the ol' squat, catch and pitch...--Makeda

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
Re: What fall races are you doing?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »
I will be running in a bunch of local 5ks.

iwuzwilson

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »
Bellingham Bay 1/2 marathon in late Sept., hopefully with my son but his thyroid is acting up again. Anyway, I'll be there and hope he can also run.
1:19:06 scores an age grade 90, but training for anything under 1:20.

USATF Cross Country Club Nationals (10K), San Francisco in December.  Hoping to improve on top 6 for age group, but in a very tough age group and the younger runners keep coming in. Anyway, it's going to be fun and this time I'll be on a masters team.

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 11:34:52 AM »
Evil Rock & Roll Backwards Hosewater Marathon Empire 2015 Philly HM [formerly known as "PDR"] on Halloween [moved from it's usual September slot due to #PopeApocalypse]
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Virginia Plain

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
Evil Rock & Roll Backwards Hosewater Marathon Empire 2015 Philly HM [formerly known as "PDR"] on Halloween [moved from it's usual September slot due to #PopeApocalypse]

I noticed that.  Come do OC w/me.  That's gotta be a least near your neck of the woods.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »
I just registered yesterday for a 100 mile race Sept 12th. I had been planning on registering and running it for a while now, just had not gotten around to it and wanted to see how MIL's health was going before committing. I have a 12 hour race in November and that is about it so far. DD's school does a 5 and 10K trail race and will probably do the 5K with her.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:42 PM »
I'm running a 50K in VT at the end of Sept. I will be hilly and long, slow race. I am running it with two friends.
In Nov I am running a trail marathon, which I am looking forward to. That's it for me.

Meri - glad you finally signed up!

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:37 PM »
Ragnar Napa Valley, bitches!!!

Volunteering at the Wasatch 100 next month as well.  I get a shirt, so it still counts as 'doing it'. 

Offline RandMart

• The Runners
  • Non-Repentant Slowtwitcher
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
I noticed that.  Come do OC w/me.  That's gotta be a least near your neck of the woods.

Sorry, I spent the last of my 2015 "race budget" on my Fantasy Football league membership

We MAY be down there that weekend though, just for fun [and if I can raise my MS Bike tour $$$ we'll be down the following weekend, too]

I'll keep you posted
'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be' ― Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Virginia Plain

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
I just registered yesterday for a 100 mile race Sept 12th. I had been planning on registering and running it for a while now, just had not gotten around to it and wanted to see how MIL's health was going before committing. I have a 12 hour race in November and that is about it so far. DD's school does a 5 and 10K trail race and will probably do the 5K with her.

What race are you doing in November?  DH is registered for Stone Mill 50 miler.
And which 100?

Offline DickWadzinski

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
Reach The Beach Relay Hew Hampshire.  It starts five weeks from today.  Do you think I should start training?

Offline DickWadzinski

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
And which 100?

The Stone Mill 50 was my first (and only) 50 miler.  And it was the only race I ever DNF'd.  Some day I'll go back and do the whole thing.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »
And which 100?
NJ One Day in Sussex County, NJ. 12 hour race. (they have 24, 6, 12 hour and 50K and marathon)
100 miler is Pine Creek Challenge.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
 Transitioning back to distance running after a summer of successful sprinting at the national level. I'll probably do a half marathon in October as a goal race. And a 10K or 5K before that.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
I'll do Yonkers as a half in Oct (they moved it back a month which is good). I'll do an as yet undetermined 10k in Sept.
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
I'm running a 50K in VT at the end of Sept. I will be hilly and long, slow race. I am running it with two friends.
In Nov I am running a trail marathon, which I am looking forward to. That's it for me.

Meri - glad you finally signed up!

Stone Cat?

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
I haven't decided yet.  I was kinda thinking about Loco marathon in NH, but not sure now that I want to bother.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
I'm running the Smoky Mountain Half Marathon in Tennessee in about a month with at least one other CH Runner.

I get a shirt, so it still counts as 'doing it'. 

my OB/GYN would disagree with this statement
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »
Yes Stone Cat. I love the course and know it well. I was signed up last year but due to my injuries I had to skip it and I was very disappointed. I am hoping to run it really well. I did it two years ago and my legs were tired so I didn't do as well as I had hoped. The year before I ran a great race but accidentally skipped a small section which was frustrating to figure out. I was following two guys and they got out of my sight and I couldn't figure out what happened but the loop was a lollipop so once I realized that I messed up I just waited for them to come out so in theory I just waited them out a few minutes and picked up when they came through. I don't think it impacted my time all that much. It was probably a loop that took 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belgian Lace

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
August half, October 15k, November half.

+-SUPPORT US