Author Topic: Here we go (starting a training cycle for my first race in a year)  (Read 10266 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Here we go (starting a training cycle for my first race in a year)
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Well fuck. My lower back starated  bothering me a couple of weeks ago. I have this old injury to the right SI joint... which I mostly ignore. But, last week the pain started to refer to the entire left leg and my 7 miler sunday night did not go well. I backed off a lot last week and ran 3 times and went spinning twice. Yesterday I visited my ART/Graston guy and he suggested taking 10 days off running. Spinning ok as long as the things that were hurting didn't hurt. Well, after my session yesterday, I could definitely feel the left leg a bit during spin. I'm going to try a lighter weight spin class tomorrow and then the eliptical and yoga for the rest of the week.

Wah. I was feeling so strong!

Offline Eco Ellen

• Administrator
  • Spaminator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »
How old are your shoes?

Offline joan

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 09:09:06 AM »
Well fuck. My lower back starated  bothering me a couple of weeks ago. I have this old injury to the right SI joint... which I mostly ignore. But, last week the pain started to refer to the entire left leg and my 7 miler sunday night did not go well. I backed off a lot last week and ran 3 times and went spinning twice. Yesterday I visited my ART/Graston guy and he suggested taking 10 days off running. Spinning ok as long as the things that were hurting didn't hurt. Well, after my session yesterday, I could definitely feel the left leg a bit during spin. I'm going to try a lighter weight spin class tomorrow and then the eliptical and yoga for the rest of the week.

Wah. I was feeling so strong!

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  I hate that feeling!!!  Speedy recovery!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
How old are your shoes?

Relatively new.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 10:10:39 AM »
PT guy said he sees this kind of thing happen often with the introduction of track-type workouts because you're extending your stride quite a bit. Which I guess makes sense.

Offline joan

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
I've had tons of success with ART.......you were smart to do that!

Offline omega lambda

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
Oy!  Sorry to hear this and hope the therapy and rest provide a speedy recovery.

+-SUPPORT US