Author Topic: Making corn tortillas  (Read 12949 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Making corn tortillas
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
i just bit the bullet and ordered a 4 pack of Bob's on amazon, will arrive Sat, free shipping :D it may be a lifetime supply or the gateway into corn tortilla addiction.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
i just bit the bullet and ordered a 4 pack of Bob's on amazon, will arrive Sat, free shipping :D it may be a lifetime supply or the gateway into corn tortilla addiction.

Yay!! It wasn't a bad price, really.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Not at all! Less than $12!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »
Masa came! They are delicious, worlds better!

Offline badger

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
 :clap:
After all, one rarely boils a penis before insertion. - nnej

I routinely smash mirrors while walking underneath ladders just to fuck with the cosmos. - ZiggyStardust

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
OMG! Sunday I was at the big box super market and guess what? they had the Bobs Red Mill Masa Harina. I was like WTF? I spent ten minutes looking thru all the BRM products and reading all the tags. Did they just start carrying it after i bought a case on Amazon? LOL

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »
SO many stores here and not just fancy places have tons of Bob's Red Mill products.
ShopRite, Waldbaums, Stop and Shop for sure, plus the little IGA in my little one horse town.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
SO many stores here and not just fancy places have tons of Bob's Red Mill products.
ShopRite, Waldbaums, Stop and Shop for sure, plus the little IGA in my little one horse town.
here too, just not the Masa Harina, until this week when they decided to carry that particular one!!!! Our Giant (owned by stop and shop) has a whole section of BRM products as does our local natural food store.

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »
here too, just not the Masa Harina, until this week when they decided to carry that particular one!!!! Our Giant (owned by stop and shop) has a whole section of BRM products as does our local natural food store.
Guess you will be eating a lot of corn tortillas :)
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
Guess you will be eating a lot of corn tortillas :)
oh yes! LOL!!!!!!!

Offline triciaflower

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
You could also make puffy tacos. A San Antonio staple.

You press the masa in the tortilla press. Then fry the dough. When puffs up in the hot oil, you fold the dough (while in the oil) with two spatulas to form a taco. When it's golden, you drain on paper towels and fill with whatever you want. Traditionally, it's seasoned chicken or beed picadillo with lettuce, tomato, cheese and guacamole.

Best served hot.

:heartbeat:

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:36 AM »
You could also make puffy tacos. A San Antonio staple.

You press the masa in the tortilla press. Then fry the dough. When puffs up in the hot oil, you fold the dough (while in the oil) with two spatulas to form a taco. When it's golden, you drain on paper towels and fill with whatever you want. Traditionally, it's seasoned chicken or beed picadillo with lettuce, tomato, cheese and guacamole.

Best served hot.

:heartbeat:

ah, thank you, we had a tostada meal after a failed attempt at making tacos... I was under the mistaken impression they would be pliable enough to fold immediately after being removed from the oil

+-SUPPORT US