Forum > Food

Vanilla Bean Strawberry Jam

(1/1)

gebuh:
I was on fire this morning, I made some egg and potato skillet concoction, whipped up some homemade biscuits and this strawberry vanilla bean jam - it took awhile, but I started it first so by the time everything else was done it was ready.  And it was good.
Then I proceeded to do not a goddamned thing the rest of the day.

diablita:
Your day sounds like heaven.  So does the jam, I'm going to try that recipe for sure.

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: gebuh on June 03, 2013, 12:22:57 AM ---I was on fire this morning, I made some egg and potato skillet concoction, whipped up some homemade biscuits and this strawberry vanilla bean jam - it took awhile, but I started it first so by the time everything else was done it was ready.  And it was good.
Then I proceeded to do not a goddamned thing the rest of the day.

--- End quote ---

did you spread the foam on your fresh biscuits? 

I read all these jam recipes that say skim off foam and discard, but my favourite part of jam making is eating the foam on a warm slice of bread

gebuh:

--- Quote from: caribougrrl on June 03, 2013, 07:04:13 AM ---did you spread the foam on your fresh biscuits? 

I read all these jam recipes that say skim off foam and discard, but my favourite part of jam making is eating the foam on a warm slice of bread

--- End quote ---
I may have cooked it past the point of foam, there was none available  >:(

Run Amok:
Yum! I might have to try this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version