Forum > Food

Steamed eggs- an alternative to hard boiling

<< < (2/4) > >>

Run Amok:
Nope, they taste the same. AB says they taste creamier... to me they just taste like hard boiled eggs. I made my second batch tonight with eggs I bought today and they were also easy to peel. So, maybe there is something to this "easy peeling" thing.

Ice Cream:

--- Quote from: Run Amok on June 03, 2013, 12:25:45 AM ---Nope, they taste the same. AB says they taste creamier... to me they just taste like hard boiled eggs. I made my second batch tonight with eggs I bought today and they were also easy to peel. So, maybe there is something to this "easy peeling" thing.

--- End quote ---

no, the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel.  I usually buy a dozen of eggs and steam them a week later.

radial:
I did a dozen in my bamboo steamer yesterday.  I think they might actually peel a little easier.  Otherwise the steamed eggs are identical to boiled ones.  I might keep doing them this way, though.  I've been known to forget about eggs boiling on the stove until the stink of burning eggs has filled the house.  Pee eww!  Cooking them in the basket, the eggs are 10 inches off the burner.  I don't think they would burn up if the pot boiled dry like they do when you are boiling them directly. 

merigayle:
I saw them done in the oven on pinterest.

caribougrrl:

--- Quote from: merigayle on June 03, 2013, 09:30:49 AM ---I saw them done in the oven on pinterest.

--- End quote ---

like the 300 minute egg? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version