Forum > Food

Tagine without the tagine

(1/2) > >>

moroccangirl:
In Moroccan cooking, not only the cooking vessel is called "tagine", the dish is also a tagine.
I only brought two pans with me, so I made a chicken/potatoes/carrots/peas tagine in one of my pans today. They provided us with a basic pots and pans set, but it's nonstick, and I've burned just about everything I've cooked in them. *I didn't actually bring the pans in my luggage (I should have), I packed them in the ebox (2 medium size boxes we packed with things we wanted immediately). We arrived on the 1st and our e boxes arrived a few days ago. I've never been so happy to see my vacuum!

The Turtle Whisperer:
Yum!

badger:
Yummy!

all-smiles:
You can't post pictures without a recipe!

moroccangirl:
:D
I learned from this one, but I don't follow it exactly anymore.
I add carrots to mine and I don't put the olives in. The olives give it an amazing flavor, but DH doesn't like them. I cook the carrots and potatoes in the tagine at the same time until the potatoes are soft, but still firm. Then I take the potatoes out (that's why I cut them big enough), and put the frozen peas in for about 15 minutes. Then I put the potatoes back in. I add a tiny bit more water until the potatoes are at least in some of the water, then just cook until the liquid is reduced just a little. It's supposed to have some liquid, but not be soupy. Cooks in morocco don't take the potatoes out then put them back in, but that's the only way I can do it without my potatoes turning to mush and without my peas still being too firm. If you cook them too long they will be part of your liquid. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version