Author Topic: Tagine without the tagine  (Read 3811 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Tagine without the tagine
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
In Moroccan cooking, not only the cooking vessel is called "tagine", the dish is also a tagine.
I only brought two pans with me, so I made a chicken/potatoes/carrots/peas tagine in one of my pans today. They provided us with a basic pots and pans set, but it's nonstick, and I've burned just about everything I've cooked in them. *I didn't actually bring the pans in my luggage (I should have), I packed them in the ebox (2 medium size boxes we packed with things we wanted immediately). We arrived on the 1st and our e boxes arrived a few days ago. I've never been so happy to see my vacuum!

"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
Re: Tagine without the tagine
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
Yum!
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline badger

• NTTAWWT
Tagine without the tagine
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
Yummy!
After all, one rarely boils a penis before insertion. - nnej

I routinely smash mirrors while walking underneath ladders just to fuck with the cosmos. - ZiggyStardust

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »
You can't post pictures without a recipe!
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »
:D
I learned from this one, but I don't follow it exactly anymore.
I add carrots to mine and I don't put the olives in. The olives give it an amazing flavor, but DH doesn't like them. I cook the carrots and potatoes in the tagine at the same time until the potatoes are soft, but still firm. Then I take the potatoes out (that's why I cut them big enough), and put the frozen peas in for about 15 minutes. Then I put the potatoes back in. I add a tiny bit more water until the potatoes are at least in some of the water, then just cook until the liquid is reduced just a little. It's supposed to have some liquid, but not be soupy. Cooks in morocco don't take the potatoes out then put them back in, but that's the only way I can do it without my potatoes turning to mush and without my peas still being too firm. If you cook them too long they will be part of your liquid. :)

Offline monster2

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
Still not seeing an actual recipe here lady! >:(;D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi

+-SUPPORT US