Author Topic: Healthy quick breakfast recipes  (Read 5517 times)

Offline ILfitfreak98

• Just Getting Started
Healthy quick breakfast recipes
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
Post any quick and healthy breakfast recipes so I can try them please try to include nutrition info thanks

Offline crazypants

• Passed on to another Brane
Re: Healthy quick breakfast recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
My breakfast won't appeal to everyone. Truth be told, I doubt it will appeal to anyone else. I'm not very hungry in the morning, even after a 14 k run, I have the same thing as every other day.
A spinach salad (olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzle) , a glass of skim milk and a banana.
Oh and like a liter of coffee. Glorious, wonderful coffee.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »
Oatmeal.  In the MW.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
I've been eating a lot of hard-boiled eggs.  They hold me quite a while.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline GreenMan

• The Runners
  • Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:08:21 AM »
I've been having kale smoothies -- kale, spinach, a carrot, an apple, cranberry juice and water, plus some protein powder and flax seed and hemp nuts if I have them on hand, in the blender. It tastes horrible but it's soo healthful.
Habits eat good intentions for breakfast.

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
I made a smoothie this morning with partially frozen cherries, cocoa powder and plain yogurt.  Different nutrients than Greenmans, arguably less healthy... but I bet it tasted better. 

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »
My breakfast won't appeal to everyone. Truth be told, I doubt it will appeal to anyone else. I'm not very hungry in the morning, even after a 14 k run, I have the same thing as every other day.
A spinach salad (olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzle) , a glass of skim milk and a banana.

The salad part appeals to me.  I would skip the milk (have whole milk in my coffee though) and wouldn't touch the banana.  I do hummus and raw veggies pretty often (or just raw veggies with a wedge of cheese).  And the other day had a good left over kale salad that became breakfast.  I have a touchy am stomach so light is better.  Traditional breakfast foods make good 3pm snacks though.

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
Jump aboard the Vitamix bandwagon!  Smoothie consisting of plain Greek yogurt and any fruits/veggies you'd like (often I throw in some combo of strawberries, blueberries, spinach, carrots...the occasional banana if I have one that's too mushy to eat on its own).  In all honesty, the Vitamix probably isn't necessary, but it does give smoothies a delightful...smoothness.

Online gebuh

• The Runners
  • don't worry, I'm a doctor
    • cycle touring
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »
uncooked old fashioned oats with yogurt, mix it to whatever consistency you like.  I add nuts and dried fruit.
You're on your own for nutritional info.

Offline qarhon

• Borderline
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »

I often eat the same thing for breakfast, except leave out the oil and vinegar and toss the spinach, milk and banana in the blender with some ice. Coffee on the side.  :D

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:11 PM »
I make quinoa like oatmeal sometimes, with diced apples and cinnamon. A cup of that makes a great hearty breakfast and it's easy to make a batch for the week, then just nuke it every morning.
This space for rent.

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 07:50:38 AM »
this morning I had a sweet potato for breakfast... washed a sweet potato, stabbed it with a knife tip a few times, rolled it in a paper towel and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes, turned it over and cooked for another 2 minutes

I'm not sure it's exactly healthy as a meal, but at least it isn't unhealthy as a food.

Offline Clementine

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
this morning I had a sweet potato for breakfast... washed a sweet potato, stabbed it with a knife tip a few times, rolled it in a paper towel and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes, turned it over and cooked for another 2 minutes

I'm not sure it's exactly healthy as a meal, but at least it isn't unhealthy as a food.

Sweet potato is delicious for breakfast. I smoosh mine (usually previously baked and refrigerated) up in a bowl, put some chopped/cubed apple on top, sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon, then microwave for a couple of minutes (until the potato is hot and the apples are slightly soft). When it's out of the microwave, I add some banana slices and enjoy. Yum!

+-SUPPORT US