Author Topic: Wednesday April 8  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
Wednesday April 8
« on: April 08, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
4.2 miles
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: Wednesday April 8
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »
13.5K. Another nice social distancing day.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 08:52:29 AM »
I did an 8 mile out and back near a reservoir. Mostly gravel access road (no regular traffic). Did 5K LT tempo, followed by 2X 5.5 minute reps at between HM pace and marathon pace. All good. The tempo part would be at 80% age grade. I need to get to about 83% to be where I've been the past couple of years.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline ByloSelheigh

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 09:39:01 AM »
9 miles out and back going due west from my front door. Starts at 5370 feet and turn-around is at 5550. This route is a mix of flat and long rolling hills about 20% concrete trail, 25% mowed grass (massive soccer fields complex), 25% dirt trail and 30% improved packed roadbed trail.  Fantastic because with EZ modifications one can easily add subtract miles and/or the percentages on the various surfaces.

About a month ago I was two weeks from finishing the 12 week base building to 45 mpw table in Pfitzinger "Faster Road Racing". But I bailed because both the long run and the third day of the 3-day in a row running sequence was leaving me wiped out for the rest of that day and the next day. That's fine ordinarily but I do't think you want to be "wiped out" in recovery for 3 days out of 7 in a viral pandemic situation.

So I've switch to a 3-day cycle of 9 miles, 6 miles and 90 to 120 minutes easy cycling. That works out to 35 mpw running and I plan to alternate adding 1 mile per week to the 2 runs until I'm at 45 mpw which would be 11 miles and 8 miles for the runs. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:42:57 AM by ByloSelheigh »

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 10:15:25 AM »
Yes, I've slowed my build-up. I'm at 45 miles a week and would be mid-50s by now. Last year was consistently doing 60-70 and only dropping down for bigger races or recovery. I think I'll get to low 50s by next month and just keep it there. It's kind of a happy place, an hour or so a day with a longer run on the weekend. And I'm taking more days off just for recovery sake.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

+-SUPPORT US