Forum > Running

amI nutz? update

(1/5) > >>

Coyote Mas Loco:
Just signed up for this:  http://www.racingunderground.com/mtevans/index.html

- starts at 2.0 miles high and finishes at 2.7 (14,260 ft)

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: RandMart on May 22, 2018, 10:11:14 AM ---Not in this case, no

Oh, it's in 2 weeks? Okay, maybe

Good luck, have fun

--- End quote ---

I live less than an hour away and run a couple times a week at 7000 to 8000 ft but haven't done any high altitude stuff for a couple years now. Will get out a couple times at 10000+ between now and then. Sorta looking forward to it in a sick sort of way.

Arrojo:
Only 14.5 miles.  Do you live at high altitude or have you trained in it? 

"Aid Stations Four fully stocked aid stations will provide drinks and nourishment throughout the race. They are located approximately every 3 miles. If you need fluids or calories more frequently, please feel free to carry a bottle and fill it at our aid stations. Our aid stations are stocked with water, HEED energy drink by Hammer Nutrition, Coca Cola, Hammer Gel, Candy, Cookies, Fruit, pretzels, and electrolyte tablets."

That sounds good; you are not out there to fend for yourself.  I'll bet you do great.  Don't go out too fast!  :)

Coyote Mas Loco:

--- Quote from: Arrojo on May 22, 2018, 02:53:03 PM ---Only 14.5 miles.  Do you live at high altitude or have you trained in it? 

"Aid Stations Four fully stocked aid stations will provide drinks and nourishment throughout the race. They are located approximately every 3 miles. If you need fluids or calories more frequently, please feel free to carry a bottle and fill it at our aid stations. Our aid stations are stocked with water, HEED energy drink by Hammer Nutrition, Coca Cola, Hammer Gel, Candy, Cookies, Fruit, pretzels, and electrolyte tablets."

That sounds good; you are not out there to fend for yourself.  I'll bet you do great.  Don't go out too fast!  :)

--- End quote ---

Yeah I live at over 7000 but haven't done any training over 9000 or 9500 this year. I'll get in a couple runs in the 10000-14000 ft range between now and then. You're right it looks well supported. Used to be a big deal on the local circuit but now it's more of a minor event that you barely hear about.

Plugging Along:
"Am I nuts" is a question most distance people ask themselves at some time.

The answer is just beyond the finish line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version